Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager - Media Scotland
Media Scotland, part of Trinity Mirror Group plc is seeking to recruit a Business Development Manager to join our programmatic and performance media team based in Glasgow. Fundamentally a business development role, this opportunity requires candidates with the ability to identify and pitch for new opportunities along with a detailed understanding of the digital environment.
Reporting to the Performance Digital Manager, you will have responsibility for driving the revenue goals and ambitions for Media Scotland's programmatic digital products. You will work closely with all stakeholders including the central programmatic team based in London to disseminate understanding and deliver best practice.
Media Scotland is Scotland's largest print and digital publisher. The company is comprised of iconic and multi award-winning national news brands, the Daily Record and Sunday Mail; a market-leading portfolio of 17 local newspapers from Dumfries to Perthshire; our authoritative Business Insider magazine; a successful and growing events division and many market leading commercial websites.
Media Scotland forms part of Trinity Mirror plc which is the UK's largest news brand publishing network and one of the UK's Top Ten companies employing more than six thousand people across sixty-plus locations.
Our drive to capture, present and analyse the news inspired the launch of our very first news papers in the early 19th Century and today our commitment is just as strong. Whether via page or screen, our audience receive the trusted, reliable news service they've come to expect. Our loyal consumers and advertisers are attracted by the knowledge, insight and vital services that our iconic brands provide. None of this would be possible without our dedicated employees driving the business forward.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Driving sales in order to meet revenue targets
- Identifying new digital commercial opportunities from our product set and client base, primarily within the programmatic and digital display market
- Identifying new digital commercial opportunities from our product set out with our existing client base, primarily within the programmatic and digital display market
- Generating face to face meetings and calls to agreed KPI's
- Overseeing the facilitation and delivery of campaigns
- Working closely with all stakeholders to understand how our digital assets work and can be flexed to deliver customer value.
- Working with marketing to package and develop our product set and communicate to stakeholders, sales teams and clients directly
- Managing collateral, reporting and external client relationships
- Analysing the market to understand where commercial opportunities exist
The Ideal Candidate
- A sound and proven business development skills
- Excellent knowledge of the digital media market with proven sales ability and demonstrable knowledge of the sales process
- Able to review performance metrics and make sound decisions and action to improve results
- A positive and determined approach to researching and analysing new business opportunities
- Strong communication skills in all forms including written, oral, email, telephone and presentation
- An understanding of search engine optimisation techniques, cost per click campaign management, social commerce and digital display advertising considered desirable
- An understanding of e-commerce and digital customer acquisition techniques