KYC QC Analyst
My client a major financial services provider is currently offering an exciting and fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to join a fast moving team to deliver KYC/AML regulatory objectives whilst delivering a first class service to stakeholders and customers alike.
The Quality Control Analyst will play a critical role in the success KYC Correspondent Banking team through the provision of skilled technical and analytical support, enabling the business to meet the Quality Control requirements and protect the Banks licence to trade.
As a specialist member of the KYC (Know Your Customer) Correspondent Banking team you will be responsible for performing comprehensive quality control checks for all Correspondent Banking Clients in accordance with the Bank's guidelines and in compliance with UK & global financial regulations. It is a QC Analyst's responsibility to provide high value, business critical KYC technical support to the Corporate Bank teams whilst, providing an enthusiastic approach to KYC and delivering on personal and team objectives.
Role key responsibilities
* Complete comprehensive quality reviews of KYC due diligence for Correspondent Banking Team
* Interpretation of AML policy into KYC Operational procedures and fulfilment of monitoring and maintenance of KYC framework standards.
* Build effective relationships and interact professionally with internal clients and key stakeholders to deliver excellent service
* Identify and support the effective resolution of identified KYC deficiencies
* Provide training and coaching support in KYC / QC methodology to increase awareness throughout the KYC Team
* Support testing and implementing of new controls and checks for KYC Operation teams
* Ownership and management of quality MI metrics
* Drive "Right First Time" performance and provide feedback to support maintain and improving standards.
* Drive performance through detailed analysis of MI, making recommendations and offering solutions to create an enhanced and highly effective Operational process
* Champion the delivery of what the Customer/Client & the Business wants to become the Go-To Bank
* Responsible for the fulfilment of Quality Control Checks in accordance with KYC Policy / Procedures
* Complete comprehensive quality assessments with efficiency whilst ensuring a high level of attention to detail and thoroughness in order to protect the Bank and their Clients from financial crime.
* Work collaboratively - ensure errors identified are communicated and resolved with KYC teams
* Maintain accurate data capture of QC results to drive MI
* Responsible for monitoring updates and applying changes to Quality Control standards in accordance with defined framework (implement and fully embed standards and process changes)
* Identify & escalate risk issues through detailed analysis and provide insight and support through controls and checks sampling to mitigate
* Promote efficient and consistent application of processes alongside a culture of risk awareness and continuous improvement
* Establish and maintain effective working relations with other teams and departments while acting as a KYC / QC SME for all other members in the team.
* Drive strong 'Right First Time' performance through training, coaching and support to KYC Analysts
* Proactively look for ways to reduce errors and share best practice with the team
* Manage completion of data quality reports and activities in order to meet / exceed team data quality targets
* Provide complete and accurate MI to Leadership and Stakeholders
* Provide support for Internal and External Audit testing and engagement
* Provide support with risk event activity
* Support change initiatives and projects
* Technical skills and knowledge (KYC experience is essential)
* Good understanding regulatory environment
* Practical experience in fulfilment of Controls and Checks
* Excellent Attention to detail, investigation and judgement skills
* Ability to challenge - in the right way
* Understanding of a Control environment and maintaining a Quality Control framework
* Stakeholder/Relationship Management
* Flexibility and adaptability to varying scope and workload
* Supportive of people development. Coaching Training skills.
* Strong oral and effective written communications skills
* Strong Interpersonal skills
* Decision making and solution delivery
* PC skills (especially Word and Excel)
* Planning & Organising
* Presentation skills