Harvey Nash's client, working in the education sector, is looking for a highly capable Procurement Officer to join their team based in central Edinburgh. Reporting into the Category Team Manager within Estates, you will be responsible for delivering a sustainable procurement service for the organisation, including efficient and effective customer service and external supplier performance to meet the organisation's procurement strategy and making continuous improvements to achieve the overall objectives through best procurement practice.
You will be responsible for managing key supplier performances and contracts, analysing expenditure, delivering an efficient and effective procurement/e-sourcing service and regularly liaising with senior stakeholders.
This is a great opportunity within a prestigious organisation and as such we're looking for motivated individuals who meet the following criteria:
* Full CIPS membership or equivalent qualifications eg a relevant degree, or be making progress towards MCIPS
* Experience in procurement, demonstrating good commercial and project management skills
* Good communication skills and understanding of customer service, negotiation and influencing skills.
* An in depth knowledge of the appropriate statutory, legal and EU, UK and local government regulatory framework for procurement.
* Experience of tendering and contracting activity, including tender administration, tender evaluation, supplier negotiations and contract award
* Stakeholder management experience This is an exciting opportunity for an individual to work within an expanding and forward thinking organisation at the forefront of education and technology.
In return our client is offering a fantastic remuneration and benefits package (including exceptional holiday allowance and pension) and a very strong work life balance. If this sounds like it might be of interest and you have the relevant skills/experience, please apply using the link or contact Kevin Robson.