Used Car Sales Controller
Role: Used Car Sales Controller
Salary: up to GBP27,500 - OTE GBP40-GBP50k + Company Car
Our client, an established car dealership, are currently recruiting for a Used Car Sales Controller to be based in Edinburgh. The successful candidate in this role will be responsible for managing all operational aspects and the efficient and profitable running of the Used Car Sales Department.
Reporting to the General Manager, this role will also be responsible for:
- Management of the sales process within the Car Sales Department
- Driving growth in volume and profit within the Used Vehicle Sales Department.
- Control of stock (retail, trade and overage) in line with budget and Company stocking policy requirements, ensuring zero tolerance to vehicles in stock over 90 days.
- Management of the CRM and prospecting process.
- Control of expenses to meet agreed budgets.
- Identifying staff training needs (ensuring these needs are met) through performance management and training. Management of sales team work rota.
- Assist with marketing and promotional plans.
- Physical and Digital Merchandising - ensuring that all vehicles within the sales display areas are of a representative condition and are arranged, photographed and displayed to maximise exposure.
- Conducting part exchange appraisals, providing accurate valuations.
- Attending to customer complaints, ensuring that a high level of customer satisfaction is obtained.
- Liaising with finance companies and representatives.
- Data Quality and FCA Compliance: Ensure accurate completion of all car sales paperwork, making sure that the sales team accurately and vigorously collect all customer contact and vehicle data in order to maximise the quality and content of the customer database (adhering to the Company's FCA obligations).
- Provision of daily, weekly and monthly reporting to senior management.
The following skill set/experience is required:
- Experience in the automotive trade (3-5 years minimum)
- Strong sales experience, preferably in a sales controller or sales management role
- Experience of selling or managing the sale of used cars (highly desirable)
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Experience of leading a high performing team to maximise profitability
- Customer focussed
Please apply now for immediate consideration.
Recruitment Zone acting as an employment agency in regard to this advert.