Waste LGV Driver
Before applying for this job, it is important that you read the Applicant Guidance by clicking on the attachments below. These explain the job role and the type of person we are looking for.
A vacancy has arisen for a Waste LGV Driver to Carry out the duties of an LGV driver to collect, transfer and dispose of recyclable and residual waste as presented by the property owners of Aberdeenshire in accordance with Council policies and procedures.
The majority of posts within Aberdeenshire Council fall into one of the categories as detailed on the Worksmart website - http://worksmart.aberdeenshire.gov.uk/
This post has a minimum requirement of 1 reference. One of these must be your current or most recent employer
This post is for a position of LGV sweeper within Street Cleansing and is a 5 day week post.
Informal Enquiries Contact: Liventas Butnorius 01467 532810
Carry out the duties of an LGV driver to collect, transfer and dispose of recyclable and residual waste as presented by the property owners of Aberdeenshire in accordance with Council policies and procedures.
There is a responsibility for the post holder to demonstrate a commitment to quality service delivery through continuous improvement for the benefit of the Service and the organisation
• Undertake LGV driving
• Mechanical operation skills of allocated waste collection, hook-lift lorries, mechanical street sweepers and other equipment
• Assist crew members in carrying out their duties and ensure that they do so in a safe and efficient manner.
• Carry out non-driving duties when required including a range of manual tasks such as loading wheeled bins, bags and bulky uplifts.
• Take Individual responsibility for care and operation of loads.
• Accurate completion of all documentation relating to the Duty of Care and administration for Waste Transfer and vehicle legislation.
• Comply with the Health and Safety at Work Act (1974), the Councils Health and Safety Policy and all agreed Safe Systems of Work.
• Wear the provided personal protective equipment including Hi-Vis items of safety clothing and boots at all times.
• Act as ambassador for the Council when interfacing with members of the public and do so in a polite and friendly manner
• Maintain vehicle/equipment in clean and serviceable manner. Record all defects on the vehicle defect form and inform your line manager.
• Category C driving licence (can drive vehicles over 3,500 kg)
• Driver Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC)
• Holder of a digital drivers tachograph card
• Proven experience of working unsupervised but capable of being a team player
• Knowledge of the High Way Code
• Ability to communicate with others effectively
• Ability to use own initiative and also able to follow instructions
• Category C+E driving licence (can drive vehicles over 3,500 kg with a trailer)
• Previous experience of refuse / recycling collection
• Previous experience of Street Cleansing operations
• A working knowledge on Health and Safety legislation
• Knowledge of roads and streets within Aberdeenshire Council area
Applying for a job with Aberdeenshire Council.pdf