Assistant Manager - Technology Operations
Assistant Manager - Technology Operations
Salary: GBP26,000 - GBP34,000 + flexible benefits package & bonus
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Analyst/Operations Assistant Manager to join a leading financial services business in Edinburgh within their Technology Operations team
The successful candidate will join an established business during an exciting period of development and change; working closely with both internal and external stakeholders during a large technology focused programme of work. You will be tasked with supporting the management of a new highly modern & sophisticated third party IT systems provider both from a finance governance and reporting perspective.
As part of this remit you will be required to support the management of and tracking around the cross entity financial, change, service and contractual metrics. This will assist in ensuring both the business and the provider operate effectively. You will help ensure financial obligations and performance are tracked and monitored, escalations are managed, contract changes are delivered, contractual positions are understood and overall our management of the new supplier is successful. You will assist in supporting the financial management, reporting and analysis of the key contractual cost drivers. There may also be opportunity for wider cross team working supporting the reporting & commercial aspects of the contract.
The successful candidate will have strong MS Excel, analytical, stakeholder management, collaboration, problem solving skills and want to have an impact on what is a highly innovative and exciting implementation of a new system that represents a highly significant evolution of how the business operates. Previous experience of financial reporting, tracking and processes are desirable but not required.
- Monitoring the financial performance and capacity of the business to ensure IT business needs are delivered
- Monitoring financial and capacity information from the provider
- Support the setting up of the financial/contractual reporting/related governance processes required to manage the relationship
- Track & report alongside the provider's early warning indicators for capacity where variable price contracts are in place to ensure they can forecast accurately & understand the cost drivers of the business including the impacts of change activities
- Production of the finance elements of the committee packs working collaboratively with SABIS UK as required.
- Responsible for creation/validation and receipting against centrally owned Purchase Orders in line with the agreed contractual payment schedule/VAT advice
- Play an active role in price review discussions with the provider working through financial impacts and verifying capacity information
- Support the Owner of the Technology Operations relationship with Risk and Audit
- Building an effective working relationship with the 3rd party supplier's relationship teams based in Edinburgh, London and Spain.
- Building an effective working relationship with Central Finance team internallyto deliver month end information for reporting highlighting variations to budget with associated commentary, outlook information and papers for cost governance & budget approval meetings
- Monitoring & reporting financial and capacity information and feeding this into relevant governance forums
- Building financial and capacity trackers to help support key reporting and governance processes required to manage the financial aspects of the OSA
- Ensuring Financial Management capabilities are continually developed and nurtured through sharing of best practices, learning and improvements
- Deliver fit-for-purpose guidance to stakeholders, driving a consistent and effective approach for managing interactions with the business with respect to collecting and collating capacity information for budgeting/forecasting exercises
- Support, manage and maintain, process documentation and storage in line with records management
- Support the Accountable Executives, Contract owners and wider CIO team members in all aspects of the relationship including the preparation and reporting to BEC and Board
- Disciplined work approach including the ability to work to deadlines, whilst maintaining a high level of accuracy is essential
- A background in Accounting, experience of working within financial services/banking
- An understanding of supplier management and governance
- Collaborative style with both internal and external customers; team player with a flexible approach.
- Strong MS Office suite skills in particular, Microsoft Excel
- Good interpersonal, communications and presentation skills
- Ability to operate and influence in a complex and diverse stakeholder environment; building and maintaining effective relationships
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to adapt quickly, calmly and positively to changing priorities.
- Self-motivated, with good organisational skills
- Capable of producing accurate and concise MI/reports, minutes and action lists; able to summarise information and apply critical analysis
This is an excellent opportunity to join a forward looking business during an exciting period of change in a role that will allow you to look past the numbers and add value through an innovative approach
Please apply below to register your interest, confirming salary expectations, alternatively please contact Dan Galstaun to discuss in confidence