Finance Business Partner
Finance Business Partner
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Finance Business/Decision Support/Finance Manager to join a leading financial services business in Edinburgh on a 12 Month FTC.
The successful candidate will join an established business during an exciting period of development and change; working closely with both internal and external stakeholders during a large technology focused programme of work. You will be tasked with managing relationships with 3rd parties and group functions from a financial governance and reporting perspective, leading financial management, reporting and analysis of key contractual cost drivers.
- Leading relationships and monitoring the financial performance and capacity of suppliers to ensure that IT business needs are delivered
- Monitoring financial and capacity information from 3rd party suppliers
- Manage the setting up of the financial processes, input into contractual reporting/related governance processes
- Tracking & reporting - early warning indicators for capacity where variable price contracts are in place to ensure the business can forecast accurately & understand the cost drivers of the business including the impacts of change activities
- Production of the finance elements of the committee packs working collaboratively with suppliers as required.
- Responsible for managing the creation/validation and receipting against centrally owned Purchase Orders in line with the agreed contractual payment schedule/VAT advice
- Playing an active role in price review discussions, working through financial impacts and verifying capacity information
- Presentation of financial information to senior forums. ie Budget vs. actual, Fixed vs. Variable costs
- Raising & Receipting PO's - fixed price and incremental items
- Leading Mid-Year and Annual Price Review discussions
- MTP/Forecasting Exercises - Liaison with commercial and Change partners to build in future Run States costs - Capacity Demand Plan - Forecasting capacity with business to co-ordinate back to suppliers and the business
- Business Unit Cascades and Cost Cards.
- Preparing Budget drawdown request papers
- Analysing and validating financial implication of change projects - impact of Impact Assessments
- Taking a lead in defining & refining operating model and process manuals
The successful candidate will possess a professional Accounting qualification, experience of working within financial services/banking and have a strong understanding of supplier management and governance.
Desirable experience includes;
- Disciplined work approach including the ability to work to deadlines, whilst maintaining a high level of accuracy is essential.
- Collaborative style with both internal and external customers; team player with a flexible approach.
- Strong MS Office suite skills in particular, Microsoft Excel - Formulas
- Good interpersonal, communications and presentation skills.
- Ability to operate and influence in a complex and diverse stakeholder environment; building and maintaining effective relationships.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to adapt quickly, calmly and positively to changing priorities.
- Self-motivated, with good organisational skills.
- Capable of producing accurate and concise MI/reports, minutes and action lists; able to summarise information and apply critical analysis.
- Ideally available immediately/short notice
This is an excellent opportunity to join a forward looking business during an exciting period of change in a role that will allow you to look past the numbers and add value through an innovative approach.
Please apply below to register your interest, confirming salary expectations, alternatively please contact Chris Halliday to discuss in confidence