Part-Time: 30 hours per week
Fixed Term 12 months
Location: Granton Campus
Expected Working Pattern: 7:30am - 1:45pm or 8:00am - 2:15pm (to be confirmed)
Salary: Band D £20,640 - £22,162 pro rata (appointment is usually made at the first point in the salary scale)
We are looking to recruit a nursery chef to work as part of the catering team based at Granton campus. The candidate should have experience of cooking and preparing food in a kitchen environment. The candidate must have experience of cooking and preparing food for children under 5, using the current national policy “Setting the Table.”
You will be required to
- manage the nursery catering budget in line with catering department specifications
- create healthy, nutritious menus in conjunction with the nursery management team and the children order and maintain stock levels, rotation and regular stocktakes
- complete day to day management of the HACCP procedures
- organise and store supplies effectively
- work with the nursery staff team to support our children with learning to cook and bake a variety of foods
- support home/nursery partnerships regarding children with allergies and food intolerances and supporting families with healthy eating
- create rolling snack menus and support the children to help produce their own snacks
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who is up to date with the latest food trends and has the ability to interact with staff and young children and can work with minimal supervision and direction. We would look for a self-starter, with a genuine enthusiasm for supporting healthy eating in the early years.
Professional cookery qualification essential, Intermediate Food Hygiene is desired, but full training will be given to the successful candidate. You will have experience of working within a catering, learning and teaching environment. The ability to show empathy, be approachable and have excellent communications skills is essential.
This role will require a degree of flexibility. The role is Monday to Friday.
Closing Date: Tuesday 15 August 2017
Terms and Conditions of Service - Nursery staff.docx
Nursery Chef Job Description.docx
Person Specification - Nursery Chef.docx