Department: Community Services
Closing Date: Friday 18th August 2017
Argyll and Bute Council are looking to recruit a full-time, temporary Resettlement Coordinator for the Isle of Bute. The initial contract length is one year.
The post holder will liaise with senior officers within the Council, community planning organisations, the Home Office, Scottish Government, CoSLA and with local community representatives in order to ensure that all required services and supports are in place to facilitate the successful resettlement and integration of refugees / asylum seekers in Argyll and Bute.
The post holder will be responsible for ensuring that services and supports relating to housing, education, social care, health, welfare etc. are in place for refugees both initially and in the longer term.
The postholder will be responsible for evaluating and reporting on the programme to Council, Community Planning Partnership and to the Home Office.
The postholder will assume day to day responsibility to develop and coordinate the Council's response to current and any future resettlement programmes.
Interviews for this post will be held on Thursday 31st August 2017.
Applicants should note that:-
- This post is suitable for job share.
- This post requires Protection of Vulnerable Group (PVG) Membership in relation to working with children.
- This is a temporary post which may be filled on a secondment basis by an employee wishing to gain experience/career development and will be at the discretion of the employee's director.
How to apply:-
- For information relating to the duties and the requirements of this post, please contact Morag Brown, Business Improvement Manager on 01546 604199.
- If you are experiencing difficulty applying online and require assistance, please contact a member of the HR and Recruitment Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone on 01546 604334, quoting the post reference ARB02221 / CMD00013.
CMD00013 - Resettlement Coordinator.doc
Information For Applicants.docx
PVG Information Sheet - Children.docx