Wealth Management - Client Onboarding Analyst (Italian speaker)
J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management, with client assets of $2.4 trillion, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
Operations are uniquely positioned at the heart of all that we do. We impact the business we undertake from end to end - involved in almost all major steps of the transaction lifecycle as well as new initiatives (account opening and KYC, products and services) and vendor management. We work in collaboration with counterparts from all areas across Lines of Business, Technology, Finance and Corporate Functions. Our role is all about maintaining the efficient processes our people rely on every day to do first-class business, whilst constantly striving to achieve the improvement that makes the firm one of the most respected financial institutions in the world.
The global focus on Anti Money Laundering (AML) and Know Your Client (KYC) is increasing and leading to new roles and opportunities within JP Morgan. The firm is establishing within Operations a market-leading function to help manage the regulatory risks involved in Onboarding clients with special attention to meeting the regulatory AML and KYC requirements.
We are offering you an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic and growing team in a fast paced and challenging area.
The team's key responsibilities are:
- Advising on documentation requirements to external and internal partners.
- Review of legal, account opening and tax documentation as to whether it meets regulatory and internal policies to open or maintain an account.
- Documenting clients on due diligence and related systems and updating these profiles periodically.
- Taking responsibility for the end-to-end onboarding process.
Team members in Edinburgh will undertake some or all of these roles depending on their role within the team. We are presently recruiting for two teams:
- Periodic Reviews team - focusing on the review and uplift of our clients' due diligence records.
- Business Support Group - focusing on the update of client documentation.
The Client Onboarding Analyst will support all aspects of client onboarding to include the fulfilment of Anti Money Laundering (AML) and Know Your Client (KYC) requirements. The Client Onboarding Analyst will partner with the client-facing teams to ensure all client KYC records are compliant with regulatory standards, and will ensure high quality and timely completion of all client-level due diligence requirements at the onset and renewal of client relationships.
• The Client Onboarding Analyst will own the end to end Onboarding of new clients and subsequent periodic renewal process of all clients. The Client Onboarding Analyst will assist with the drafting and gathering of client documents and make independent recommendations regarding AML risk at a client level prior to final review by the client-facing team. The Client Onboarding Specialists are expected to stay current with all regulatory changes and requirements around client KYC, Suitability and Documentation.
• Analysing and understanding complex client structures and explaining them to colleagues across the business, and able to escalate appropriately any risks identified during the documentation review process.
• Partnering with the client facing teams to collect required legal documents and associated information to meet all regulatory and internal polices
• Act as a subject matter expert on required legal documents and process to onboard a client to PB platforms, reviewing clients' constitutional documentation, having consideration for relevant tax, regulatory and corporate law issues, as applicable.
• Once trained, the successful candidate will be expected to deal with a wide range of jurisdictions and entity types. Full training is provided to all new joiners.
• Undertake quality review of clients' KYC records
• Manage and facilitate client due diligence, including coordinating the participation of JPMorgan stakeholders who have KYC responsibilities
• Serve as point of contact for KYC and reporting issues for designated clients
• Act as a KYC and AML subject matter resource for KYC due diligence teams
• Act as a subject matter resource on the KYC/AML policies and procedures
• Discuss and escalate with Compliance complex issues surrounding client types and structures, financial products and services, and other AML risk-related issues
What do we look for?
• Previous experience in AML or KYC advantageous, but training will be provided to the successful candidate.
• Attention to detail
•For the Periodic review roles previous experience working in an AML/KYC role or a relevant degree such as law would be beneficial
• For the Business Support Group a graduate degree of any discipline or relevant documentation or commercial experience would be beneficial
• Strong written and oral communication skills, able to influence internal and external stakeholders
• Strong analytical, prioritization and organizational skills
• Logical, structured approach to planning, problem solving and decision-making
• Strong risk and controls awareness
• Capacity to think laterally and convey an understanding of the big picture
• Maintains a sense of urgency and ability to prioritize/multi-task
• Strong client focus and ability to partner with various internal groups and client coverage
• Ability to successfully navigate a complex infrastructure that involves numerous groups and individuals
• Consultative in approach, understanding and anticipating business partner needs and proactively delivering solutions
• Ability to work under pressure and to fixed deadlines
• Independent, self-motivated, with an ability to adapt and be flexible in a team environment
• A strong sense of ownership and responsibility
• Fluency in English is required. The team reviews documentation in English, French, German, Spanish, Italian and Dutch, and we would welcome applications from candidates speaking these languages (B2 level or above) who meet our other criteria.
- Fluency in Italian with an ability to understand business and legal documents written in the Italian language
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers extensive training and development opportunities, an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.