Senior Consultant - Business Analysis within the insurance sector
Are you interested in a career in Insurance?
From growing market share to managing pressure on margins, insurance leaders choose us to help them work better and work differently.
SEGMENTS WE SERVE
• Life, Annuities, Retirement & Group:
Just as every person who buys life insurance is different, so too is every life insurance policy, product, carrier and regulatory environment.
For most life insurance providers, what matters most isn't ready-made solutions, but the kind of deep, practical experience required to tailor services to a carrier's specific situation. And that is exactly what we bring to the life insurance industry.
• Property & Casualty:
Property and Casualty (P&C) insurance may be a mature industry, but trying to do the same old things at less cost is no longer enough. To jumpstart growth, new IT developments like the cloud and mobility can help, but each requires IT expertise and knowledge of best practices.
Cognizant has the experience and technology expertise to help, along with a tradition of listening to customers. That's one reason our clients include 13 of the top 25 P&C insurers in the U.S. and eight of the 10 largest European insurers.
CONSULTING & SOLUTIONS
Our solutions portfolio for insurers includes BPS, emerging technology consulting and systems integration and maintenance.
• Life, Annuity & Retirement Business Processing Services:
Cognizant's Life, Annuity & Retirement Business Processing Service (BPS) helps insurers gain a competitive edge by handling routine back-office operations while you focus on revenue-generating activities. As a result, you will not only reduce costs and modernize systems, but better align business and operating models with process optimization.
• Systems Integration & Maintenance for Insurance:
We have strategic relationships with leading software companies that specialize in products and platforms specific to the insurance industry, such as agent compensation, claims processing and policy administration. Our team of business and technology experts will modernize your operations and attain best-in-class technology architecture while managing costs. Cognizant's Platform Conversion Score (PCS)
Typical day to day responsibilities for this role will include:
• Options and feasibility analysis
• Process analysis, Process design
• High and Detailed level requirements gathering and documentation
• Creation and grooming of product backlog
• Document user stories and acceptance criteria for each sprint
• Functional support during testing.
• Lead offshore BA teams - handling queries and being accountable for the quality of the deliverables
• Lead the show and tell to the business SME's/Product owners and Project sponsor
Skills and competencies
What are we looking for?
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and competencies:
• Insurance Domain knowledge
• Agile delivery experience
• Facilitation of large groups and ability to engage with senior stakeholder management
• Ability to challenge effectively and constructively
• Passionate and energetic, able to articulate a compelling vision and lead by example.
About Cognizant : Cognizant (NASDAQ-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 230 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at or follow