EMEA Disclosure of Interest Associate
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Operations division is both the first line of defence for protecting Morgan Stanley's financial and reputational well-being, and an essential partner contributing to the firm's growth. Facing off to all Morgan Stanley businesses and interacting with all other parts of the Firm, the Operations division supports a complex, multi-faceted portfolio of businesses in full compliance with regulatory guidelines and the directives of the Operating Committee and Board of Directors.
Members of the Operations team have a unique vantage point as the division touches all parts of the business, front to back. One of the largest divisions in the firm, Operations has diverse responsibilities, including correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating all operational risks, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realize the full potential of IT and e-solutions. Throughout, we continually strive to improve while actively supporting the development of new businesses, structures and markets.
Operations Risk & Regulatory Control performs various independent functions to ensure adequate controls are in place, through providing an integrated risk and control framework to govern, assess, mitigate and manage financial and operational risk in Operations. The team focuses on implementing appropriate internal controls, business processes, and internal management reporting and analysis to mitigate operational risk and fulfil regulatory reporting requirements.
We currently have an opportunity within the EMEA Disclosure of Interest (DOI) team, a team that is focused on fulfilling regulatory requirements including; Short Position Monitoring and disclosure, Substantial Shareholder position monitoring and disclosure, Takeover Panel Reporting and disclosures as well as multiple other oversight functions to ensure Morgan Stanley is meeting monitoring & reporting in line with applicable laws & regulations. This role is a business critical control role required to provide coverage across all DOI functions and regulatory reporting obligations, as well as to reduce the risk of regulatory breaches across the full suite of DOI functions.
The candidate should expect to build an intricate knowledge of rules and regulations pertinent to the team, firm systems and data sources, as well as the processes that are in place to ensure compliance with regulations.
The existing team currently has 12 FTE in Glasgow, 2 in Mumbai and 2 at our vendor in Chennai.
The individual will have diverse responsibilities, including but not limited to:-
- Monitoring of various exceptions to highlight potential disclosure obligations across EMEA (c.30 jurisdictions).
Working to tight daily deadlines
- Building a detailed understanding of each exception type, allowing accurate filings to made to the regulator
- Building knowledge of security transactions and various product types.
- Acquiring an intricate knowledge of firm systems, data sources and processes, building the ability to question data integrity
- Close communication with dedicated compliance team
- Identification and implementation of process improvements
- Providing support to other members of the team
Skills required (essential):
The ideal candidate may have:-
- Strong academic background
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Proficient in Excel (e.g. formulas, pivot tables) and other windows-based software (e.g. Word, Power Point)
- Strong analytical, organizational and documentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities
- Exhibit a strong sense of urgency, accountability and ownership
- Highly motivated self-starter with multi-tasking abilities
- Ability to prioritize functions and tasks
- Has the ability to absorb information and learns quickly
- Ability to work and keep balance under pressure
- Innovative and creative ? challenges the existing processes and status quo.
- Focus on guardianship, ensuring that issues are identified, escalated, resolved and reported on a timely basis
- Diversified financial services product knowledge - understanding of equities & derivatives in particular.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Advanced knowledge of trade flows and operational models.
- Advanced level of regulatory understanding
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.*LI-AM1