DS2304 - Recycling Operators
Falkirk Council and Falkirk Community Trust currently applies a living wage supplement to all employees earning less than £8.33 per hour. The value of the living wage supplement is subject to regular review by the Council and the Trust, is non-contractual and can be changed at any time.
Eleven processing operative positions have become available within the Waste Services operations team. The duties include:
- Collection and sorting of recyclable materials into the allocated place and/or off a picking line.
- Cleaning and basic maintenance of plant and equipment.
- Maintaining accurate records for the removal of material from the site and of all activities on the site.
- Assisting in Waste facility operations.
- Maintaining a tidy site.
- Ensuring that within his/her areas of responsibility, Falkirk Council complies fully with its legal duties in respect of the health, safety and welfare of its employees and of other people who may be affected by his/her actions or omissions.
- Cooperating with Falkirk Council and with other employees in order to comply with site Licence working plan and, all applicable legislation including Falkirk Council Policies and Procedures.
- Assisting in waste segregation within the CDR processing unit.
- Assisting on the HWRC when required.
- Any other duties that are reasonably requested within the scope of the job-role.
This position will require weekend and shift work; therefore a flexible approach is required. Your normal working pattern will typically be Monday - Friday covering a 37 hour period. However a 4 on 4 off shift pattern will be reviewed to fit the requirements of the process.
This post is temporary until January 2018 due to budget restrictions.
Place of work will be Roughmute. You may be required to work elsewhere, to meet the needs of our strategy.