Stock Accountant BLUS51421
Our client has a vacancy for a Stock Accountant within the Stock Accounting team at their Larbert office.
Our client employs over 2,500 staff based across depots and offices throughout the UK from the Scottish Highlands to the Channel Islands.
They recruit sales staff to sell their fuel, oils and lubricants as well as drivers to deliver the products to their customers base. Their customers range from individual home owners, to farmers, to small or large businesses alike! Also essential to their business are their management teams and colleagues within the business support services such as Marketing, HR, Finance, IT, Health and Safety and Legal. They also have a dedicated team of service engineers who work within Team Energy. Key to their success are their people and their learning and development team ensure they nurture their talent and support their colleagues with their career aspirations through platforms such as Inspire, WOW training courses and apprenticeship programmes.
- Providing OTIF service and take ownership of bulk stock accounting issues, identifying potential problems and suggesting / implementing solutions.
- Ensure that the correct bulk stock accounting data is captured and maintained on the system at all times
- Identify, determine and implement ways of continuously improving processes.
- Be aware of and understand the departmental and business targets; and the role that you play in their delivery.
- Responsibility and management of all bulk stock reconciliations and analysis.
- Building good relationships both internally and externally to ensure the desired levels of customer service are met.
- Complete annual appraisals with each direct report, including a half yearly review.
- Ensure effective communication with the team by holding monthly meetings / 1:1s.
- The job holder recognises the role team work has in the Company’s success and contributes to this through displaying enthusiasm, co-operation and flexibility; treating others the way they would wish to be treated.
- Fully qualified accountant –2 years PQE.
- Strong accounting and analytical skills.
- Experience of leading and managing a large team.
- Experience in a commercial, high volume, multi site environment.
- Experience in stock accounting and/or business analyst role.
- Advanced system skills including Excel.
- A good level of commercial acumen, coupled with a hands-on, positive attitude.
The successful candidate will be offered the position on our clients terms and conditions of employment.
If you would like to join them and have the necessary skills, experience and qualifications, then they would love to hear from you!
The closing date for this role is 28th July 2017.
Our client is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
This is a Blue Octopus Recruitment Ltd vacancy who are operating as an employment agency. Once you have clicked to apply for this vacancy, we will then send you more information on the role including a copy of the application form via email.