Chef / Cook
Chef / Cook
Balhousie Alastrean Care Home, Tarland, Aberdeenshire
Contract Type: Full time
Pay Details: Competitive
Purpose of the role:
To organise and control the efficient and economic production of quality food within the allowed budget, whilst maintaining high standards of cleanliness and hygiene in line with EHO regulations.
Your role in the Balhousie team:
- Prepare, cook and serve hot and cold meals, as and when required.
- Provide for special dietary requirements where necessary, and take into account the preferences of individual Residents.
- Liaise with the Home Manager when planning / costing menus in order to provide a balanced nutritious diet, making the best use of available fresh foods.
- Arrange / participate in Staff and Resident meetings as required.
Budgetary / Financial Control:
- Maintain accurate records of food supplies, and freezer / fridge temperatures.
- Ensure stock rotation. Order stocks and check deliveries, and check and value stocks as required by the Home Manager.
Essential Qualities and Skills:
- City & Guilds 706 - 1 & 2, or equivalent (achieved or working towards)
- Basic Food / Hygiene Certificate
- Good communication skills
- Team player
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Satisfactory Police Check and check against the PVG List
Desired Qualities and Skills:
- Intermediate Food / Hygiene Certificate
- Previous supervisory experience
- Experience of Food Preparation for the relevant Resident group
Pay and Benefits:
As well as a competitive salary, in return for your commitment and hard work, we offer the following additional benefits:
- Company pension;
- Childcare vouchers;
- Employee benefits scheme which provides access to a range of leisure and entertainment discounts
- Flexible working and part time options available
Closing date for applications: 21.08.2017