Learning Support Worker - Cunningsburgh Primary School
To assist in the management and education of children and young people with additional support needs (ASN).
A Learning Support Worker may be asked to work with any child or group of children either within a department or within a mainstream class. They may be asked to work alongside and with specific guidance from any teacher within a School. Work around an individual child may be based on an individualised education programme. This programme is followed by all staff working with the child / young person and may involve working with professionals and therapists e.g. Speech Therapist, Occupational Therapist, Physiotherapist, Child Psychologist, etc.
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the links below for further information -
- The grade of this post is F/G. This post is not career graded.
- Rate of pay shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £1.0349 per hour
- Temporary Term Time Part Time post for 18 hours per week, 39 weeks per year plus 6.04 weeks (pro rata) paid holiday to be taken during school holidays - Temporary contract for a period of approximately 8 months
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
- Open to internal applicants only
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
Proposed Interview Date: Monday 14th November 2016
This post is based at Cunningsburgh Primary School
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Samantha Flaws, Head Teacher, on 01595 807250 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Conditions of Service - Local Government Employees - May 2016.pdf
Employee Benefits Aug 2016.pdf
Learning Support Worker (F).pdf
Learning Support Worker (Qualified).pdf