Key Worker, Kirkton Service Centre (387.16) C/D 30/10/16 INTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY
Applications for this post will only be accepted from current employees of West Lothian Council (this includes casual and agency staff who are currently undertaking work for us)
The Community Inclusion Team is presently looking to recruit a qualified Key Worker to our existing staff team based at Kirkton Service Centre, Lister Road, Livingston. The Team provides a range of community based activities for Adults with a Learning Disability in the West Lothian area through our Outreach Groups, Leisure and Recreation Service and the Sheltered Workshop activities within Kirkton Service Centre itself.
The key duties of this post are:
- Direct involvement with line manager in developing and facilitating individual and group programmes and activities based on the assessed needs of the individuals concerned
- To support and cover for other team members in their absence
- Liaise with other agencies as agreed appropriate by line manager
- Provision of all personal care where required as per the service users care plan, this may include assistance with eating, drinking and personal care needs i.e. toileting
- To work within the framework of the Council’s values and standards, policies and procedures e.g. Health and Safety Policy and Procedure
The skills and experience you must have:
- CQSW, DSW, CSS, Nursing or other recognised qualification
- HNC Social Care/SVQ level 3
- Good communication skills both verbally and written
- Knowledge and understanding of client group
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to use initiative and make decisions where required.
- Ability to prioritise workload
This post is considered Regulated Work with Vulnerable Children and/or Protected Adults, under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. Preferred candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update check prior to a formal offer of employment being made by West Lothian Council.
387.16 - Key Worker.pdf