Chelsea Apps Factory (CAF) is the UK's fastest growing mobile organisation. We enable enterprises to mobilise efficiently & effectively. Based in London, CAF has rapidly made a name for itself as a leading UK mobile app development company and the nation's largest specialist mobile consultancy for both consumer and enterprise apps. This is because we have blazed a trail in creating cutting-edge environments that deliver impressive, tangible business returns.
We are an Agile business that brings together a diverse team of experts to deliver innovative digital solutions - including mobile design & build, and digital innovations labs - for leading enterprises such as KPMG, Ladbrokes, Standard Life, The Telegraph, and Waitrose.
As we continue to grow we are looking for a Java J2EE developer to be responsible for the development and maintenance of applications. Your primary focus will be the development of Java, APIs and integration with data sources - such as Oracle and MySQL. You will be working along-side other engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and creating quality products is essential.
Essential Job Requirements:
- Translate designs and requirements into high quality code
- Design, build, and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organisation, and automatisation
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Excellent development skills
- Demonstrable experience in Java/J2EE, JBoss, JSP, Oracle/MySQL.
- Highly desirable skills in HTML5, CSS3, React.js, Angular.js
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to provide Mobile application Back End services
- Strong knowledge of development design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Experience with threading, and performance tuning
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- A knack for benchmarking and optimisation
- Understanding of responsive design principles and interface guidelines
- Proficient understanding of Git
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Eager to learn new technologies such as Xamarin
- Computer Science degree or similar
- Working part of an Agile - SCRUM team