Group Insight Consultant
Royal London is the largest mutual life, pensions and investment company in the UK, with Group funds under management of GBP83.1 billion. Group businesses serve around 5.3 million policyholders and employ 2,965 people. (Figures quoted are as at 30 September 2015).
Our vision is making mutuality meaningful by becoming the most trusted & recommended life assurance and investment provider. We will hold uniquely positive relationships with our customers that make us the most trusted financial organisation and being the most recommended provider in each of our chosen markets will tell us when we've been successful.
We have exciting permanent opportunities for Insight & Market Research Consultants to join our Group Insight team in Edinburgh.
The team provides high quality, timely insight and analysis of markets, customers and advisers to enable the GEC, the Board, Leadership Teams and people across the business to make informed decisions, and to create "one version of the truth" across the Group.
The purpose of this role is to provide support to both the Group Insight Managers and to the broader Insight community across RLG. This comprises both the management of research projects (in either a lead or, for larger projects, a supporting role) and the management of some of our key insight resources, such as secondary data (reports from Mintel, YouGov, etc.), the Insight Hub (whereby we share our key insights and reports with the Insight Community) and the Customer Zone (whereby we share key insights, customer voxpops and our customer strategy across the entire RLG).
* Support the delivery of strategic and operational research projects
* Manage agency relationships on a day-to-day basis
* Manage the Insight Hub, ensuring that it is kept up-to-date with reports from both primary and secondary data sources
* Take responsibility for maintaining and updating Customer Zone content on the Hub, liaising with Internal Communications over presentation and copy of the content, identifying new opportunities for content and liaising with the Group Insight team to ensure the material is fresh, relevant and up-to-date
* Take responsibility for the Insight Council, where the broader Insight community meet
* Manage the relationship with our secondary data suppliers (YouGov, Mintel etc.) ensuring that we purchase the most appropriate reports,
* Monitor Insight Hub content and usage across the business, ensuring that users have awareness of, and access to, the data by obtaining regular feedback
* Manage our subscription to trends analysis and lead on trend reporting and trend workshops
* Manage our insight preferred suppliers list, ensuring we have the right agencies on it to meet Royal London's needs, strong contracts are in place, and agency performance and costs are as we would expect.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
* Relevant graduate or equivalent professional qualification (or willingness to work towards)
* Understanding of research methods and techniques, or a willingness to develop this skill
* Excellent attention to detail
* Strong numeracy skills
* A broad knowledge and understanding of the financial services industry
* Highly PC literate with knowledge of all main Microsoft Office applications
* An understanding of statistical analysis techniques would be beneficial
* Experience of managing external agency relationships would be beneficial
* A thirst for knowledge, understanding and continuous professional development
* Passionate about developing our business and supporting the delivery of our strategy through inferences from evidence based analysis
* A strong desire to really understand our customer needs, and place these at the heart of the business
* Ability to work independently without direct supervision
* Ability to engage effectively with key stakeholders at all levels across the business
* Adopts a collaborative and commercial approach, works well with others
* Strong presentation skills, both verbal and written, would be ideal
To apply, please use the 'Apply Online' link below or contact (see below)