School Crossing Patroller
Before applying for this job, it is important that you read the Applicant guidance by clicking on the attachments below. These explain the job role and the type of person we are looking for.
We are always looking for people throughout Aberdeenshire to help us ensure the safety of our school children. We need you to supervise them crossing roads whilst walking to and from schools.
You should have good visual ability and be able to judge speed of oncoming vehicles. As well as having the ability to work on own initiative you can also communicate well with children. Full training is provided and a uniform supplied.
This post is regulated work with children and/or protected adults under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. The preferred candidate will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update check. Where an individual has spent a continuous period of 3 months or more out with the UK in the last 5 years, an Overseas Criminal Record Check will be required. You will be required to provide this check. A confirmed offer of employment and commencement in the post will be subject to the outcome of both these pre-employment checks being deemed satisfactory.
Aberdeenshire Council currently applies a Living Wage Supplement to all Council employees earning less than £8.33 per hour.
Initially you will be based in the location advertised, but you may be required to work elsewhere within the Kemnay CSN
This post has a minimum requirement of 1 reference which must be your current or most recent employer
Informal Enquiries to Ian Allan, 01467 643535
Ensure the safety of children whilst crossing roads on their way to or from school.
There is a responsibility for the post holder to demonstrate a commitment to quality service delivery through continuous improvement for the benefit of the Service and the organisation
- Stop oncoming traffic to allow children to cross road
- Instruct and advise children how to cross safely
- Operate traffic warning lights and pelican crossing lights
- Administrative duties
- Academic achievement to Scottish National Level 4 or 5, Standard Grades or equivalent transferable experience and skills
- Good visual ability and be able to judge the speed of oncoming vehicles
- Ability to work on own initiative, working unsupervised
- Ability to communicate well with children
- Previous experience in working with children
- Previous experience in working with the public
- Working in an environment involving traffic movement
- Awareness of Health and Safety issues
Job Profile School Crossing Patroller 2015-01-15.pdf
Applying for a job with Aberdeenshire Council.pdf