Supply Sports Coaches, Various Locations (374.07)
We are currently looking to recruit to our casual staff bank. You should note that hours will not be guaranteed and successful applicants will be placed onto a casual bank and will be contacted to cover shifts as and when required. (We are not looking to recruit any swim coaches at this time) Salary will depend on coaching role (£8.12 or £10.94 per hour)
Applications will be processed as they are submitted.
The key duties of this post are:
- Deliver quality coaching sessions, in accordance with West Lothian Council’s guidelines and Scottish/National Governing Body guidelines
- Design/plan appropriate coaching sessions
- Keep and update a register of all participants in sessions
- Contribute to the monitoring and evaluation of the activity/sessions and report monthly to designated Sports Development Officer/Active Schools Coordinator
- Maintain and update qualifications, including Emergency First Aid at Work for Sports Coaches, Safeguarding and Protecting Children and Positive Coaching Scotland, and provide copies of certificates to your responsible Officer/Coordinator
- Enrol, and actively participate, in the Coach Development Scheme
- Report any incident or accident occurring during sessions and complete West Lothian Council Incident Report Book
- Maintain communication with Sports Development Officer/Active Schools Coordinator
The skills and experience you must have are:
- Possess National Governing Body or Scottish Governing Body qualifications;
- Be reliable and a good time-keeper;
- Be enthusiastic and approachable;
- Have experience of coaching children and young people;
- Possess good interpersonal and communication skills; and
- Have a flexible approach to working hours.
This post is considered Regulated Work with Vulnerable Children and/or Protected Adults, under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. Preferred candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update check prior to a formal offer of employment being made by West Lothian Council.
374.07 - Supply Sports Coaches.pdf