Software Engineer - Embedded - C/C++ - Java - IP Video - HD - HTML - Audio - Video - Real Time - Edinburgh.
My client is a leading manufacturer of complete IP Video solutions for the security market based in Edinburgh designing the latest technology in High Definition video cameras utilizing cutting-edge camera sensors and the latest microprocessor core technology. As part of the embedded firmware team you will be developing a variety of embedded software and platform software for embedded Linux/ARM-based microprocessor cameras and encoders. The team is involved in all aspects of camera firmware development and design, from low level device drivers, to high level camera features and user interfaces - all working with the latest cutting edge processors, CMOS sensors and video compression technologies.
From £30,000 to £36,000 per year + php, life assurance, pension and reloc
Expanding Electronics Company now needs a Software Developer Scotland to £36k
The Company is an innovative and successful company that develops software enabled leading edge test & measurement products that test network equipment to the latest telecoms standards.
They have a particular focus on timing synchronisation for networks and equipment where they are recognised throughout the industry as the experts in this area and therefore sell their products globally. Products are based on proprietary hardware platforms with software configurable personalities and PC based instrument control and results analysis software packages.
Their R&D team is growing to support our expanding product portfolio. As part of this growth we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Software Developer who will help shape the future user experience of our products. The successful candidate will enjoy working on the leading edge and be able to innovate and deliver in a fast paced and busy environment.
Key Responsibilities: • Working with marketing to clarify and turn user requirements into UI and software designs. • Estimating timescales based on an outline of the implementation and developing and delivering quality software to those timescales. • Contributing to the architectural development and evolution of the software to keep it flexible and maintainable as market requirements evolve. • Support quality oriented activities necessary to deliver a product that will delight our customers. • Learn the domain and hence appreciate the real life use cases of the product features. Skills, Experience and Qualifications: • Educated to Degree level in Computer Science or an equivalent subject • At least 3 years experience of application software development: o Essential skills: Embedded Linux development of multithreaded applications using C++/C, Debugging using the GNU debugger. o Desirable skills: Linux kernel/driver development and patching, QT embedded application development, UML • Adaptable to new technologies and standards • Proven experience employing a logical approach to problem solving. • Demonstrated ability to respond to tight deadlines in a dynamic team environment.
The benefits package includes a contributory pension plan, life assurance cover and personal Health Care Options.
Interested? Then please send your CV to me for the Software Developer Scotland to £36k vacancy on the email address in this advert. Your CV WILL NOT be sent anywhere without your prior consent.
Engineering Information Management Consultant - OIL & GAS - Aberdeen - £very good
To work within the global Engineering Information Management Practice of this Oil & Gas Consulting business.
Main duties and responsibilities will include analysing client’s engineering information management problems and requirements, reporting and documenting findings, proposing and rolling out best practice and procedures, working with the team’s product specialists to provide our clients an end-to-end Engineering Information Management Solutions.
You should have Oil & Gas & Engineering business domain knowledge, Knowledge of Information Management best practice, At least 6 years’ experience working as an consultant within IM industry and with a proven track record of producing quality deliverables.
Desirable experience will include - previously involved in engineering information management and document control projects from a business process or consulting perspective; Knowledge of how IM technologies such as Documentum, Interwoven, SharePoint, OpenText, FileNet, Oracle have been used to meet business requirements; Experience of working on projects delivering Document Management, Scanning Solutions, Records Management; Knowledge of Engineering modelling/visualisation packages i.e. Aveva/Bentley/Software Innovation/Intergraph; An understanding of Knowledge Management; Experience of working in countries across EMEA
A Systems Engineer is required to join a progressive and award winning ICT services company based on the outskirts of Edinburgh, delivering a variety of outsourced managed and project services across a wide range of clients in the SMB/SME marketplace as well as some public sector and government organisations.
They are looking for a highly motivated technical person to join them on a permanent basis, people who want to be part of a growing, successful and employee owned business and reap the rewards from the commitment and contribution they will bring to the team.
Candidates should be well presented, able to communicate effectively (both face-to-face, over the phone and in written English), have sound time management skills, be a committed and flexible team player and relish success. You should be able to build rapport with clients and convey technical work in “plain English” rather than geek-speak.
You should have an analytical mind, be able to troubleshoot effectively and with tenacity but also be able to understand when a support ticket needs to be escalated or addressed from a different angle.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Timely completion/escalation of support tickets both remotely and on-site. - Taking part in project work and deployments. - Documenting your steps when completing support tickets or projects. - Proactive improvements by recognising opportunities for solutions or process automation for the mutual benefit of clients, your colleagues and the company.
- You should be a level 2 engineer, ideally with proven experience supporting multi-customer SMBs/SMEs in a similar environment, ideally with an MSP background. - Exchange (at least up to 2007) - Windows Server (at least up to 2008) - Active Directory - A firm grounding in network infrastructure, topology and best practices - Firewall and router configuration - You should have your own vehicle with a full UK driving licence.
They are looking for people who can subscribe to their employee ownership culture and long term view of success for the business. Energetic, enthusiastic and motivated self-learners will fit right in. In return, they will provide a competitive salary plus benefits, 29 days annual leave, the opportunity to become an employee owner and be part of a supportive, friendly work environment with the opportunities to allow your skills to flourish and experience to broaden.
From £20,012 to £29,500 per year + 33 Days Holiday
FIELD SERVICE ENGINEER
Our client has an immediate Service Engineer vacancy in the Bathgate/Livinstone area of West Lothian.
The basic salary package starts at £20,012, £29,500 OTE plus 33 days paid holiday.
Their Service Engineers enjoy the flexibility of working from home while organising their spare part stock and workload to ensure the efficient repair of Company products in their customer’s home.
Their product range includes: washing machines, tumble dryers, dishwashers, refrigeration products and vacuum cleaners.
We welcome applications from experienced white goods or brown goods Engineers or alternatively we are interested in hearing from candidates who have experience in logical electro-mechanical fault finding in either an industrial environment or as a Field Engineer. An understanding of basic electrical principals and a grounding in mechanical principals is essential.
If you are self-motivated and have a current driving license, there are substantial rewards to be earned. We supply full residential technical product training, a vehicle (currently a Ford Transit Connect not available for private use), portable laptop, technical support, uniform and a bespoke set of tools.
Job Title: Design and Development Engineer (Components) Location: Glenrothes, Fife Salary: Competitive
Our client is an international Manufacturing company that is going from strength to strength and continuing to grow. Due to increased workload and annual growth the requirement has arisen for a new Design and Development Engineer to join the team at their Glenrothes site.
The successful candidate will possess proven innovative design and development engineering experience and will be fully responsible for the design of connectivity products from initial concept to end of life.
The successful candidate will have a pro-active and innovative approach to work.
Candidates must be prepared for the challenge presented of working in a commercially focused team and introducing new products into a competitive market sector quickly.
- Generate concepts to meet customer technical, quality and safety requirements. - Identify tasks to be completed in order to turn a concept into a documented engineering solution. - Provide assistance to project and resource managers with regards to project planning activities. - Competent at identifying risks and providing solutions to eliminate or reduce risks. - Utilize 2D and 3D CAD modeling tools (Solidworks) to generate product documentation and communicate design intent. - Liaise with suppliers, consultants, and stakeholders to ensure designs conform and comply to customer requirements. - Ensure designs are generated within the required schedules and timescales. - Ensuring that the product set complies with current standards and legislation. - Writing of technical support documentation (specification and reporting).
The Successful Candidate:
- Have proven experience in a design and development engineering role. - Qualified to Degree level or equivalent qualification in design engineering. - Demonstrate a proven track record in generating designs in an efficient professional manner. - Competent at a high level in modern 3D CAD packages. - Skilled in facilitating agreement between different teams and resolving conflicting technical views. - Be able to work with minimal supervision and to strict project deadlines. - Ability to work within a team of engineers with an ambition to progress.
Experience within the cable industry is beneficial however not compulsory.
If you are interested in this role please apply online with your CV and covering letter.
Please check your email for confirmation that your application has been received and to follow further instructions if applicable.
James Ramsay (Glasgow) Ltd, established in 1920 and now backed by Nevis Capital, is a leading provider of commercial and industrial boiler installations, maintenance and pipework. The company has an extensive customer base in the NHS, local authority, industrial and commercial sectors throughout Scotland.
Due to continued growth we are looking for an experienced Supervisor to assist our Operations Manager in the supervision and management of our team of heating engineers, welders, and pipe fitters.The position will cover multiple site locations.
Our key requirements are: •Time served in a relevant discipline • Extensive experience working with large commercial heating and pipework systems • Well-developed man management skills and experience in a similar position • A broad technical knowledge • Excellent IT and communications skills • Gas Safe qualifications would be advantageous but not essential
We offer a competitive salary, a company van and the opportunity to join a growing progressive business.
Interested parties should send their CV including details of current remuneration by email.
This is a fast growing renewable company established 7 years ago.
They need a committed and experienced Heating Engineer with boiler installation experience to install their biomass boiler range.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Install and commission biomass boilers, flues and hoppers. - Servicing and maintaining biomass systems including fault finding. - Site visits to outline requirements for new jobs - Planning jobs and undertaking them to schedule
- Experience of installation of boiler systems in domestic and commercial situations. - Experience of working with customers - polite and effective communicator - Someone who is flexible, uses their initiative, and can deal with a range of, sometimes, changing priorities. - Good at working to deadlines. - High attention to detail. - Self motivated with initiative – able to work on own or as part of a team.
Specific Experience Required:
- Proven record in soldering pipes – up to 54mm copper. - Proficient in Mapress fittings and steel pipe – screwed. - Electrical experience in S Plan wiring is essential.
The role is based in Loanhead, Midlothian with travel to various locations around Scotland (Monday-Friday with occasional overnight)
An IT Support company are recruiting a new team member to help with the growing business and become the first team member in the Glasgow office.
So what are they actually looking for?
First and foremost an IT support engineer that will work within their Glasgow office assisting with 1st and 2nd line support calls from their business clients.
Travel to customer sites throughout Scotland, which might involve staying overnight. With their head office in Edinburgh the recruit will often need to travel through as and when needed.
A range of practical IT skills are necessary but you must also have the ability to learn new ones:-
- Office, Windows and Apple Mac - Windows Servers and Exchange Server - Networking, Routers, VPN, Firewalls - Office 365 and other cloud base solutions - Mobile devices - Virtualisation Technologies
The salary they will offer is really down to the experience you have and the potential you can bring to the company. If you have no businesses IT experience but are willing to work hard and prove yourself then you must have a confident business manner. If you have lot of IT experience then they will expect you to deliver from day one therefore allowing the company to take on larger IT projects.
Our client is a leading UK biomass system designer and installer working across a number of commercial, retail and industrial sectors. Due to the growth of their company this opportunity has become available based at Bathgate, West Lothian.
- Experienced Site Engineer
- Experience of working in the Mechanical and Electrical (M&E) -specifically steam system installations
- Experience of steam plant and steam process pipe work would be advantageous
- HND / Degree or equivalent qualification is again desirable but not imperative
- A background in the renewable sector (Biomass) would be advantageous
Principal Responsibilities for the advertised position of Site (Steam) Engineer are as follows:
- Operate plant and equipment to operating standard and procedures
- Complete routine operations, service and maintenance activities of steam biomass boilers and associated equipment
- Document and maintain site records / documents.
- Meet high standards for work, safety, environment, housekeeping, cost and quality.
- Ensure H&S compliance on site
Please apply online with your CV and covering letter.
Please check your email for confirmation that your application has been received and to follow further instructions if applicable.