1 exact match
Exclude any of the below options from the search results:
- Simplified Recruitment
- Job term
- Job hours
- Full time
Job Title: Design and Development Engineer (Components)
Location: Glenrothes, Fife
Our client is an international Manufacturing company that is going from strength to strength and continuing to grow. Due to increased workload and annual growth the requirement has arisen for a new Design and Development Engineer to join the team at their Glenrothes site.
The successful candidate will possess proven innovative design and development engineering experience and will be fully responsible for the design of connectivity products from initial concept to end of life.
The successful candidate will have a pro-active and innovative approach to work.
Candidates must be prepared for the challenge presented of working in a commercially focused team and introducing new products into a competitive market sector quickly.
- Generate concepts to meet customer technical, quality and safety requirements.
- Identify tasks to be completed in order to turn a concept into a documented engineering solution.
- Provide assistance to project and resource managers with regards to project planning activities.
- Competent at identifying risks and providing solutions to eliminate or reduce risks.
- Utilize 2D and 3D CAD modeling tools (Solidworks) to generate product documentation and communicate design intent.
- Liaise with suppliers, consultants, and stakeholders to ensure designs conform and comply to customer requirements.
- Ensure designs are generated within the required schedules and timescales.
- Ensuring that the product set complies with current standards and legislation.
- Writing of technical support documentation (specification and reporting).
The Successful Candidate:
- Have proven experience in a design and development engineering role.
- Qualified to Degree level or equivalent qualification in design engineering.
- Demonstrate a proven track record in generating designs in an efficient professional manner.
- Competent at a high level in modern 3D CAD packages.
- Skilled in facilitating agreement between different teams and resolving conflicting technical views.
- Be able to work with minimal supervision and to strict project deadlines.
- Ability to work within a team of engineers with an ambition to progress.
Experience within the cable industry is beneficial however not compulsory.
If you are interested in this role please apply online with your CV and covering letter.
Please check your email for confirmation that your application has been received and to follow further instructions if applicable.
- Simplified Recruitment
Your application for ‘Design and Development Engineer’ has been sent
Your application has been successfully sent. Thanks for applying!