Civil/structural team leader - Defence
One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, Mott MacDonald is a multisector consultancy providing engineering, management, and development services on projects in 150 countries. With over 16,000 of the best people working on a diverse range of challenges, we're helping our clients deliver sustainable infrastructure and development solutions. We have a collegiate and collaborative culture which values equality and diversity, and we take proactive steps to create an inclusive workplace. Together, we are opening opportunities with connected thinking.
We have an exciting opportunity for a civil or structural engineer who is looking to take that step to manage a team of engineers and graduates. You will be supported by an experienced engineering manager and a team of engineers. Working in the Energy Unit this position sits within the defence team. Ideally, we are looking for someone who is chartered civil/structural engineer or working towards it. This role is based in our brand-new office in St Vincent Plaza Glasgow which is easily accessible by Glasgow's City Centre
The focus of the role is to provide daily support to the Engineering Manager, duties will include but not be limited to:
- Responsible for detailed design work and knowledgeable in the environmental aspects/impacts of civil/structural design
- Offer consultative approach to clients to ensure best solution is offered to meet their needs
- Responsible for managing external stakeholders
- Ensure client satisfaction and pursuing and promoting opportunities with clients
- Develop, maintain and monitor programmes for scheduling and reporting on deliverables across specific projects
- Demonstrate technical expertise, providing in depth knowledge and leadership
- Advise on suitable specialist software relevant to projects and implementing feedback from colleagues on systems
- Manage time so that balance is achieved between team support, technical work and business development
- Assist with the liaisons of engineering, procurement and construction (epc) contractors and utilities
- Design of engineering works in reinforced concrete and structural steelwork
- Prepare, in English, of specifications and minimum functional specifications for the civil/structural engineering aspects of power projects
- Carry out design the review of epc contractors' submissions relating to power plant construction based on a sound knowledge of building and plant requirements
- Assist with project administration
- Act as support to the project manager and carry out bid preparation, planning, budgeting, the control of internal resources and sub-contractors
- Act as a mentor to graduate engineers and other engineers
If this sounds like somewhere you'd like to work, click apply to continue with your application.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.