PCB Design Engineer
Enigma People Solutions is recruiting PCB Design Engineer for a market leading client focused on the R&D and manufacture of optoelectronic equipment used within data-communication centers.
Successful candidates will quickly grow to be a key member within the design team and will be directly involved with the development of opto-electronic packages and circuits for data rates of 10Gb/s and higher.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Design high speed, multiplayer PCBs for optical transceivers
- Offer design for manufacture advice at all stages of development
- Carry out schematic capture alongside engineers
- Perform post processing and Gerber generation
- Maintain component library
- Liaise with PCB manufacturers and PCB Assembly companies
To be of interest you will be able to demonstrate:
- Industry experience of one or more of the following EDA tools:
- Cadence (preferred)
- Mentor Graphics
- Design experience of high speed, multilayer PCBs
- Understanding of Signal Integrity & EMC concepts.
- Design for Manufacture (DfM)
- Understanding of transmission line concepts
- Familiarity with laminates, prepregs & ceramics
- Familiarity with PCB surface finishes
- Knowledge of surface mount PCB assembly including fine-pitched components, BGAs, small passives.
Additionally, familiarity with data communications industry experience, IPC recognised certification and production manufacturing experience.