RF Photonic/Electrical Engineers
Enigma People Solutions is recruiting RF Electrical Engineers for a market leading client focused on the R&D and manufacture of optoelectronic equipment used within data-communication centers.
Successful candidates will quickly grow to be a key member within the development team and will be directly involved with the design and development of opto-electronic packages and circuits for data rates of 10Gb/s and higher.
Key responsibilities will include:
- 3D simulation of high frequency optoelectronic packages
- Simulation of gigabit link performance
- Design of high speed, multilayer PCBs
- Characterisation of optoelectronic devices
- Provide production advice & support
To be of interest you will be able to demonstrate:
- Familiarity with lasers, photodiodes, fibres
- Ansys HFSS
- Ansys Electronics Desktop
- Microwave Office
- Understanding of semiconductor concepts
- Interpretation of S-parameter & TDR data
- Understanding of Modulation schemes
- Understanding of system metrics such as BER
- Experience of designing with transmission lines including microstrip, stripline, coplanar and Differential traces
Additionally, familiarity with suppliers for photonic components such as packages, ceramics, IC's, lasers, photodiodes etc.