Harvey Nash's client in Edinburgh requires an experienced Research Manager to join their team ASAP.
You will be joining an ongoing Public Inquiry, working under the guidance of the Inquiry Counsel. You will be required to develop an understanding of the existing academic research on relevant topics, build up a network of experts who can assist the organisation in various ways, and where necessary commission new research and manage research contracts to meet its needs.
The ideal candidate will have similar experience in this type of role, ideally within a Public Inquiry.
You will be involved in, and should have experience in the below:
- Develop an awareness of the existing research base in areas of interest
- Identify and obtain copies of relevant research papers, publications and books
- Commission new pieces of research
- Identify academics and other experts who may be able to assist the organisation
- Act as Project Manager for commissioned research, ensuring that reports are completed to the agreed timescales, to an acceptable standard
- Offer advice on sources of research information and provide initial assessments of their quality and usefulness
- Work with relevant team members in the organisation and management of roundtables, panels and other innovative ways of gathering and presenting evidence
- Assist other management with the collection, processing and analysis of documentary evidence, and at busy times, provide training and coaching to new members of the team
- Advising on the effective use of the Delium database to support investigations
Please apply using the link below before Thursday 21st September. Basic Disclosure Scotland required for this post (either in hand already or applied for now). Please note this role requires an ASAP start date.