QUALIFIED ACCOUNTANT - INSURANCE CLIENT ACCOUNT MANAGER
Core-Asset Consulting's client, a globally renowned asset management firm, are looking for a Qualified Accountant (Recently Qualified - Senior Manager) to take a prominent role as Client Account Manager on a permanent basis.
This is a newly created role that plays a key part in the strategic growth of a constantly evolving and growing global business. Your role is the part of a trusted advisor, problem solver and business partner to Investment Accounting clients. Your technical knowledge will inform existing and potential clients about the implications of the regulatory, accounting and capital framework on insurance companies, specifically technical knowledge of IFRS 9 and Solvency II.
The ability to present to clients on these topics is essential, as you are at the heart of positioning the businesses capabilities across the EU's insurance markets.
- Professional accounting qualification
- Ability to lead initiatives across the Investment Accounting business with a regulatory focus - IFRS 9 and Solvency II
- The ability to communicate effectively and form a relationship of trust with clients and internal partners.
- Excellent knowledge of the business models of Insurance companies in the EMEA, the regulatory and accounting constraints under which they operate and the local application of insurance regulation, fund regulation and IFRS accounting.
- A core understanding of the operation and applicability of IFRS 9 and Solvency II to insurance companies.
- Develop a thorough knowledge of the firm's capabilities, products and services for insurance companies
- Become proficient at accessing and planning the use of resources for the benefit of both clients and the firm
- Partner other teams in the origination of new business, with a specific focus on the EMEA region.
- Support business growth and client retention within the insurance sector.
- Identify opportunities for the provision of new services.
- Develop and manage investment reporting for clients and prospects. Drive the communication of these strategies. Assist with, and inform, the implementation of mandates.
- Keep abreast of the implications of the regulatory, accounting and capital framework on decisions made by insurance companies, specifically technical knowledge of IFRS 9 and Solvency II, with the ability to present to clients on these topics.
- Excellent salary, bonus, and benefits
- High profile role with visibility across the executive
- Accelerated career development opportunity
Job reference: 9888
To apply for this vacancy applicants must be eligible to work in the UK in accordance with the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006.
Core-Asset Consulting offers specialist recruitment services to asset management, accounting & finance, asset servicing, legal and the wider financial services sector in Scotland.