Pupil Support Assistant Level 3 (FIF08484)
2 days left
- Full Time
Contract Type: Temporary until 29 June 2018
Working Pattern: Monday - Friday 6.25 hours per day
Interview Date: Week commencing 9 October 2017
Before applying for this job, it is important that you read the Applicant Guidance by clicking on this link and the attached Job Pack. These explain the job role and the type of person we are looking for. The main terms and conditions of employment are also available via the above link.
Supervised by a member of the school's management team the post holder will assist teaching staff in supporting pupils with significant learning needs to access the curriculum and to promote inclusion and accessibility to the school experience for pupils by providing tuition and support. The Pupil Support Assistant 3 will also provide support to pupils with associated health and care needs.
Fife Council pays the Scottish Local Government Living Wage Rate to employees earning less than £8.51 per hour. If the hourly rate of pay for the post is less than the Scottish Local Government Living Wage Rate a supplement will be paid.
- Educated to SCQF Level 7 which includes HNC Childhood Practice, SVQ Social Services Children and Young People or equivalent;
- An understanding of child development skills to deal with pupils' learning and social, emotional and behavioural needs;
- Ability to register with SSSC within 6 months of taking up employment in this role (Early Learning Centres/Primary and Special schools only) and must complete the required Post Registration Training and Learning (PRTL) over the registration period;
- Basic IT Skills.
Before confirming appointment, you will be required to obtain a Protection of Vulnerable Groups Scheme Membership through Disclosure Scotland.
As a Pupil Support Assistant 3 , you will be responsible for:
- Supporting pupils/children individually or in small groups in planned curricular activities and in the case of teacher absence, continuing to implement the planned learning programme for a short period (up to and including 3 days).
- Contributing to a stimulating learning environment and programme by supporting the work of the teacher and assisting in the timetabling and organisation.
- Contributing to preparing, planning, target setting, and reporting procedures for individual pupil plan and Child's Plan as appropriate.
- Liaising with parents/carers and partner agencies and contribute to the overall ethos of the school.
- Contribute towards risk assessments associated with school activities.
- Using specialist equipment to enable pupils with severe physical impairment to access Information Communication Technology (ICT) and being familiar with specific technologies for each subject.
You will have ability to demonstrate tact, sensitivity and patience within this role and will have the ability to offer support in a sensitive way while maintaining confidentiality and a professional approach. Being familiar with specific technologies for each subject (e.g. computers, flashcards, number lines) along with problem solving and communication skills are essential for this post.
In Fife Council How We Work Matters and you will be responsible for being a role model by displaying and promoting behaviours that are expected of all Council employees:
- Take ownership
- Focus on customers
- Work together
- Embrace technology & information
- Deliver results
For Further Information Please Contact: Neil McNeil, 01592 583402 or email@example.com
Pupil Support Assistant 3 G031.03.pdf
RR82 TandCs March 2015.doc
Education & Children's Services Directorate Information.docx