Senior Policy Officer
An exciting opportunity has recently become available for a Senior Policy Officer within a National Charity. This role is based in Edinburgh and is initially a 6 month contract, but there is the possibility it will be extended.
Your main responsibilities within this role are to help ensure that the relevant policy and practice in relation to this Charity within Scotland is grounded in evidence and the experience of people supported by this charity; by developing and implementing policy and campaigning initiatives, and coordinating parliamentary engagement, in collaboration with those supported by the charity and other agencies.
To be successful in this role you will have;
* Experience of building and maintain effective relationships with parliamentarians and a range of stakeholders.
* At least 3 years experience of working within a similar role.
* Extensive demonstrable experience as a lead in research and drafting of policy documents.
* Sound understanding of policy analysis, development and advocacy.
* Broad understanding of health and social policy issues.
* Understanding of government structures, policies and decision making processes in Scotland.
If you feel your skills and experience are relevant for this position please contact Jane Hall on or click APPLY now.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.