Are you an experienced Import Clerk? Do you know your Dock Receipts from your Import Licence? Do you have recent freight experience? Yes? Get in touch now!
I have a great opportunity working for an experienced Ocean Import Clerk for a well known company based in the Renfrew/Hillington area of Glasgow! You will start on a temporary contract, a chance to showcase your knowledge and skill with a view to going permanent!
You will be working in a busy team that is very fast paced and incredibly demanding, so you need to be able to think on your feet, help your team and have a strong work ethic in order to succeed in this role.
- Receiving pre-alerts from Overseas offices
- Ensuring all shipping documentation is downloaded.
- Preparing files based on the pre-alert information and documents
- Effective communication between customers and colleagues to obtain correct clearance and delivery instructions
- Arrange delivery of goods through Shipping Line or Haulier
- Send invoices to the customer with billings/costings including back - up documents
You should have
- Good communication skills
- Computer literate and sound knowledge of Microsoft packages
- Practical Knowledge of health and safety regulations
- Ideally 2 years experience in a freight forwarding role
Working hours are 9am - 5.30pm with a degree of flexibility due to the nature of the role!
If you have all of the above and available to start ASAP please get in touch!
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age