Claims Assessor/Senior Claims Assessor
Salary range: GBP25,400 - GBP38,178 for the Claims Assessor role or GBP28,491 - GBP42,736 for the Senior Claims Assessor role, subject to relevant experience.
We currently have an exciting permanent opportunity for a Claims Assessor to join the Claims Team of the UK's largest mutual pensions, insurance and investment company.
Focusing on Protection Insurance, this role offers a great opportunity to utilise your existing claims investigation experience within a leading financial organisation.
As a Claims Assessor, the focus of your role will be to collate all relevant information on claims to ensure that they are genuine, assessing their validity in line with underwriting and claims standards while delivering an excellent service to all customers.
Responsibilities will include:
- Ensure that genuine claims are paid on time
- Challenge any anomalies including declining all invalid claims
- Collate information from the correct sources to assess claims appropriately
- Effective communication with claimants, representatives and third parties, managing expectations throughout the claims process
- Assess claims in accordance with delegated authority
- Process claims in line with required service standards and philosophy
- Ensure accurate and fair assessment and management of all claims
- Effective management of claims costs
- Proactive caseload management
- Manage multi channel correspondence such as emails, written correspondence and increasingly, telephone calls.
Essential knowledge, skills and experience:
- Knowledge and experience of Protection Claims Assessment, including Death, Critical Illness and Income Protection Insurance are essential
- Understanding of risk
- Experience of working within agreed authority levels
- Understand the different elements of a claim - financial, medical, occupational, the duty of disclosure, non-medical limits, anti-selection
- Strong understanding of customer service requirements and service standards
- Experience of investigative techniques and evidence gathering options
- Ability to analyse complex medical and financial information
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to handle complex telephone conversations
- Excellent organisation and administration skills
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Enthusiastic and positive can-do attitude with a willingness to learn
For this position, please apply now.