JOB TITLE: STAFF NURSE
REPORT TO: CARE HOME MANAGER/DEPUTY CARE HOME MANAGER
ACCOUNTABLE TO: CARE HOME MANAGER
Location: Morningside Manor, Thorburn Manor or Lorimer House
Day Duty from £22600 to £28080 dependant on working pattern and experience levels
Night Duty from £18096 to £28080 dependant on working pattern and experience levels
Pension scheme also available as well as NMC pin paid annually.
Role: The post holder is responsible for the assessment of care needs and to develop, implement and evaluate our residents programmes of care;
(a) is expected to carry out all relevant forms of care and is designated to take charge regularly of the Home in the absence of Care Home Manager/Deputy Care Home Manager who have the continuing responsibility. The postholder is expected to supervise junior staff and be able to teach qualified and unqualified staff.
(b) is required to have first level registration plus;
(i) a further registerable qualification; Or
(ii) a recordable post-basic certificate/statement of competence, an equivalent level of skill acquired through experience;
The post-holder is also required to take responsibility as the prime care provider for one, or a group of residents in the Home.
He/She works with minimal supervision in the assessment of all relevant care needs, the development, implementation and evaluation of programmes of care. The post-holder is able to supervise and teach junior staff.
1) Assess, plan, implement and evaluate the resident's individual needs.
2) Ensure and maintain a satisfactory standard of care.
3) Supervise care and domestic staff, giving advice and guidance, as required.
4) Report to Care Home Manager and in their absence to Deputy Care Home Manager on matters relating to residents care.
5) Communicate with staff, residents, relatives, visitors, and other professionals in order to ensure a co-ordinated approach to residents care.
6) Observe Home procedures for the safe handling, administration and storage of medical products.
7) Be aware of the need for personal development and continuing education.
8) Participate in and contribute to In-Service training and orientation programmes.
9) Assist with the planning of staff on duty rotas and annual leave to maintain a stable team.
10) Assist Care Home Manager/Deputy Care Home Manager in the continual appraisal of staff, giving advice and guidance as required, maintaining a regular appraisal system and encourage career development.
11) Advise Care Home Manager/Deputy Care Home Manager of any significant changes or incidents within the Home.
12) Stand in for Care Home Manager/Deputy Care Home Manager as required following appropriate orientation.
13) Comply with all Home policies and procedures to maintain a safe environment for the residents and staff.
Please click the send application button to be taken to the employer website to apply for the role.