4 days left
- Full Time
Camera Obscura and World of Illusions is a five star visitor attraction that entertains more than 300,000 visitors each year with our unique, hands-on exhibition. Our top priority is safety.
Comprehensive safety and monitoring takes place on a regular basis and you would need to resolve any issues immediately; requiring core skills in electrics, plumbing, joinery and stonework.
After safety, our primary concern is the quality of the experience for our visitors. The maintenance team will keep all exhibits, lights and public areas fully functional, and be able to use initiative to carry out repairs or replacements in liaison with Duty Managers. You may also be involved in prototyping and building new exhibits, and ongoing maintenance on the fabric of the building.
You would be expected to tackle a wide range of basic jobs yourself, larger tasks in conjunction with three colleagues in the technical/maintenance team, and as necessary with external contractors.
What we are looking for:
- Specialist skills in: electrical, IT and AV.
- Basic skills in all of the following: joinery, painting and decorating, plumbing.
- An eye for detail and the ability to use your own initiative will be essential.
- The ability to work closely and liaise effectively with the site team.
- Good communication skills, numeracy, and organisational abilities.
- Flexibility to work early morning or late night shifts for those jobs that need to be done when no visitors are present.
- A good level of fitness for working in a building with six storeys and no lift.
- Comfort with heights, and tight working spaces.
To apply for the role please either download a copy of the application form and complete it on your computer, or print it off fill it out by hand and photograph.
Please then email to: Alyce@camera-obscura.co.uk