Mechanical Biological Treatment Supervisor
Are you an experienced Mechanical Biological Treatment professional looking to take on a new challenge? If so Viridor are recruiting and are looking for individuals just like you!
Viridor is one of the UK’s leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. Part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group, Viridor puts waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy.
This is an exciting time to work at Viridor. We are at the forefront of the UK’s green economy and are one of the UK’s leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. We use smart people and smart technology to deliver our vision, bringing people together to give the world’s resources new life.
Due to continued success and growth, we are now looking to recruit a Mechanical Biological Treatment Supervisor to join the team in Glasgow, working 45 hours a week.
What will I be responsible for?
The Mechanical Biological Treatment Supervisor will supervise all the production activities at Glasgow Recycling and Renewable Energy Centre (GRREC). Duties include:
- To supervise MBT staff and ensure they are working safely and compliantly.
- Ensure the MBT Plant operations are managed in line with Health and Safety legislation and Viridor standards.
- To supervise the production and ensure that the MBT reaches the targeted throughput levels on a shift by shift basis whilst ensuring it is done safely.
- Manage the MRF Cleaning Regime. Ensuring any work which is carried out is conducted in accordance with GRREC Safe System of Work, this includes but is not limited to all Operators, Contractors and Visitors.
- Ensure the shift is suitably covered as per Health and Safety and Management requirements. This includes management of agency staff shift times, breaks and holidays in order to maintain suitable coverage for plant efficiency.
- To manage timekeeping and absence levels.
The ideal Mechanical Biological Treatment Supervisor will have:
- Previous experience in a similar operational role or environment.
- Supervision of teams within a production/maintenance management of an industrial/factory type facility.
- Personnel management and experience of training new, temporary and existing employees
- Full UK driving Licence
In return for your hard work as a Mechanical Biological Treatment Supervisor , we can offer a salary of £32,142 per annum plus excellent benefits, pension scheme and plenty of opportunity for personal development working within in a team-orientated and collaborative environment, for a company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable.
If you are looking for your next challenge as a Mechanical Biological Treatment Supervisor , then Viridor want to hear from you, please click APPLY!
Closing Date: 2nd October 2017
The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK's leading, award winning recruitment specialist. No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website.