Mechanic x 2, Based initially at Deans Depot, (398.39) CD 01/10/17
36 hours per week + 14% shift allowance, Day Shift/Back Shift or Day Shift/Night Shift . (This will be discussed at interview)
Repair and maintenance of a mixed fleet of Local Authority vehicles and Plant including cars, car derived vans, refuse collection vehicles, gritters, gully emptiers wheel chair accessible busses etc.
The key duties of this post are:
- Ensure that all vehicles/plant are maintained and inspected to manufacturers recommendations and DVSA inspection standards
- To prepare HGV's for annual test.
- Attend road side breakdowns and on site repairs
- To participate in Stand-by rota.
- Ensure all work is carried out in a safe and efficient manner.
- Ensure all paperwork is kept up to date daily.
- Ensure HAVS exposure is recorded daily.
- Ensure work areas are kept clean and tidy.
The skills and experience you must have are:
- Time served Mechanic (City & Guilds Scotvec Level 3)
- C plus E Driving licence
- Computer literate
- Knowledge of Health & Safety requirements
- Proactive in identifying ways of improving service provision
- Excellent interpersonal skills and establishes effective working relationships with customers, contractors, employees and DVSA
Although you will be based at Deans Depot, Deans Industrial Estate, Livingston the depot will be closing in September/October and moving to new premises at Whitehill Service Centre, Whitehill Industrial Estate, Bathgate
398.39 - Mechanic.pdf