Principal Technical Consultant - Scotland
Why this role matters
Our purpose is to use the power of communications to make a better world. For each other, for our customers, for society and our communities. We need you to help us do this.
We have customer experience at our core and want to develop trusted customer relationships to demonstrate that we're with our customers for the long haul. We understand their business and care about their success. We will bring innovation to all our customers to help them with their strategic business objectives and challenges. We want to have the best people in the industry, who have customer focus in their DNA, who know they can be really successful in BT.
Our major & public sector chief information officer (CIO) team is changing how we collaborate and engage with our customers. ???The team has been set up so we can liaise directly with the CIOs of our large businesses and public sector organisations.
The new CIO team focuses on building long-term relationships as trusted partners with customers to develop the services that best meet rapidly-changing technology and business needs. The team will include six regional CIO leads working hand-in-hand within our new regional structure . We've a very strong regional base and we want to bring on board individuals who live in the regions and understand the local market.
The aim is to influence long-term procurement and solution development. We have a vision of the future in the UK and an understanding of how innovative technologies can help customers overcome their business challenges. We want regional CIOs to lead on this agenda with our customers. We also want to gain insight so our own teams make the right investments and deliver the right capabilities and solutions to help our customers with their business challenges.
What you'll be doing
You will be part of the Regional Government & Health CIO team responsible for technology leadership and customer CIO engagement and relationship development within your region to ensure we shape the right winning solutions for our customers. You will be an integral member of the regional business development and sales team working in collaboration to drive business growth within the region.
- Own the CIO and technology relationship at the highest level with customers across the region
- Create, design and deliver market sector solution roadmaps with a specialism in at least one market sub-sector - Local Government, Health, Education, Housing
- Engage with the wider CIO team to drive BTs innovation in the market
- Take the lead role in bid qualification and prioritisation and shape and validate the solution approach for major opportunities across the region
- Work collaboratively with regional sales and business development teams to create target customer strategic CIO engagement plans and contribute to regional sales strategies, targets and plans
- Represent BT at the highest level presenting at major customer or industry events and forums and producing thought leadership articles and white papers
The skills and experience you will need to demonstrate
- Pref erably , previous Public Sector experience in Local Government, Central Government, Health, Housing or Education
- Previous experience operating at Enterprise Architect, Consultancy, Technical Pre-Sales or IT director level.
- Prior experience of delivering enterprise and large scale change
- A proven track record of operating and communicating with C-level stakeholders
- Can 'think out of the box', introducing disruptive influences to address customer and market challenges.
- Awareness and appreciation of customer CIO level challenges, including strategy, digital transformation, commercial and operational challenges.
- Commercial awareness including business case development
- You don't have to have worked as a CIO for this role but you must be able to engage confidently at that level with our customers. You may have an enterprise architect, consultancy or technical pre-sales background and aspire to be a CIO as part of your career ambition.
Why choose us?
It is not every day that an organisation like BT offers the opportunity to step into an influential, exciting and challenging but rewarding technology leadership role like this. It is a great opportunity for the right candidate.
Already we're receiving excellent feedback from our customers on the value of our CIOs and how it is making a significant change in how they engage with BT.
In return you will be part of a dynamic and forward-thinking team pushing the boundaries for what we can achieve for our customers, BT and our own personal and career development.
In your first 12 months, you'll:
- Take ownership for the solution strategy of our largest and complex deals within the region and be a key part of a successful regional business development and sales team
- Develop and drive your regional engagement plan in collaboration with CIO Head of Regional Government & Health and the Regional Director
- Drive several customer roadmaps for where BT can help our customers with their business challenges
- Develop expertise across BT's innovation and solution portfolio
- Enjoy being part of a passionate, collaborative and successful customer centric team