Head of Operations - Estates Conservation & Maintenance
Job Title: Head of National Operations for Estates Conservation & Maintenance
Location: Longmore House, Edinburgh
Salary: £46,153 - £53,930
Contract Type: Permanent
Working Hours: Full time 37hrs per week
Our client are the lead body for Scotland's historic environment; a charity dedicated to the advancement of heritage, culture, education and environmental protection.
Key responsibilities, duties and objectives
- Refinement and delivery of processes and procedures across the company's Estates conservation and maintenance operations to ensure national consistency and to ensure the Estates team fulfil their functions and obligations under the Scheme of Delegation.
- Assist the Head of Estates with provision of relevant information to make strategic decisions regarding resource needs and allocation.
- Manage the Estates Compliance team and have direct responsibility for the collation, analysis, monitoring and reporting of all compliance related matters on a quarterly basis, including Facilities Management, Planned Preventative Maintenance programmes, and all other statutory requirements ranging from the management of trees and grave slabs, testing of lifting equipment, to the protection of bats on our properties. Review current processes and procedures and develop an efficient and effective works delivery model, including suitable procurement of services across the country to support local economies and the national conservation and heritage sector.
- Review and develop inspection and reporting systems for works nationally to comply with all Scottish Government requirements and in accordance with the company Conservation Principles and Standards and relevant regulatory requirements.
- Work with the company Climate Change Team to ensure Estates works operations contribute to the company Carbon Management Plan 2017 - 2022 and Scottish Government and Zero Waste Scotland Circular Economy strategy.
- Develop and deliver, in conjunction with the IT and Estates professional teams, a digital Computer Aided Facilities Management (CAFM) system appropriate to the needs of the organisation and compatible with the company's new digital condition data collection system and the new digital Properties in Care Asset Management System (PICAMS) and that will link the data sets held within Conservation Directorate and the company.
- Work with the Head of Estates and input as required to develop technical specifications, based on NBS (National Building Specification) using the Uniclass 2015 system for conservation works on the properties.
- Work with the Head of Estates and professional teams to input into and develop appropriate BiM (Building Information Models) for the properties.
Qualifications & Professional Memberships:
- HNC as a minimum in a construction qualification
- Chartered membership of one of the building and construction professions would be desirable, as would membership of any related body such as the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB), ICW membership, Association for Project Management (APM) or the British Institute of Facilities Management (BIFM).
- Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) card held or willing to make an application.
- Site Safety Certificate held or willing to make an application
If you are interested in this role please click the APPLY button for the full job description and application pack. The link to apply, and a full job description, will also be sent to your email.
Candidates with experience or relevant job titles of; Operations Manager, Head of Operations, Estates Conservation Manager, Estates Conservation Coordinator, Maintenance Coordinator, Maintenance Manager, Senior Operations Manager, Senior Conservation Manager and Senior Estates Conservation Manager will be considered for this role.
Apply for Head of Operations - Estates Conservation & Maintenance
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly