Reporter - Glasgow
£Competitive plus company benefits
Maternity cover- 9 months
The Lennox Herald is seeking to recruit an enthusiastic Reporter brimming with ideas to join our busy newsroom. The Lennox is the best selling weekly newspaper in Dumbarton and Alexandria and has a rapidly growing digital platform. This exciting role will sit within a small news team and will focus on delivering strong news content for our print and media platforms. The successful candidate will be a good-all round news Reporter with the ability to tackle anything and break excellent off-diary stories.
The role will be based in our Glasgow newsroom (Media Scotland) which is part of the Trinity Mirror plc group. Trinity Mirror plc, has an award winning portfolio of newspapers, websites and digital products and is one of the UK's largest multimedia companies employing more than six thousand people across more than sixty locations around the country.
None of this would be possible without our dedicated employees driving our business forward.
Trinity Mirror plc has a strong benefits package which includes, for this role, a competitive salary and pension, along with an extensive and flexible benefits portfolio (to be discussed at interview).
Trinity Mirror plc is committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process.
- Submitting ideas to for exclusive stories that will engage our audience and stimulate debate and interaction.
- Effectively building strong contacts for story-gathering within local communities
- Covering court and council meetings
- Taking a 'right first-time' approach to all content and have a pedantic attitude to accuracy.
- Use a range of digital formats to enhance coverage and increase brand visibility
- You'll have a NCTJ-accredited journalism qualification
- 100 WPM shorthand
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- You will be motivated by the challenge of producing agenda-setting news stories
- Recognised training in media law
- Driving Licence (preferred)