Mechanical Design Engineer
Position: Mechanical Design Engineer
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Salary: Competitive Salary + Benefits
Working Hours: Monday – Friday, 9:00am - 5:30pm
The Mechanical Design Engineer Role:
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer, to join a successful team.
This Mechanical Design Engineer position is a challenging role, with requirements to provide reliable, innovative, cost effective designs and contribute fully to all aspects of the mechanical design on new ranges of medical equipment, while working to tight commercial schedules.
This is a full time, permanent role, and the working days are Monday- Friday each week from 9.00am-5.30pm.
- Mechanical design and analysis using Solidworks 3D software
- Ensuring that resulting design can be manufactured
- Ensuring that the resulting design is mechanically reliable in use
- Work as part of the hardware team to have input to and execute product development plans
Skills & Experience Required:
- Extensive experience of mechanical design especially of small electronic devices
- Familiar with current manufacturing techniques and processes
- Extensive plastics design experience including mould toolmaking requirements
- Experience of designing waterproof products to IPx7 preferred but not essential
- Mechanical design tolerance analysis
- High degree of self-motivation is essential together with an eye for detail and the ability to investigate technical concepts and problems in depth
- Degree qualified with experience in a product design environment coupled with a firm analytical and practical understanding of fundamental mechanical design
In return, the Mechanical Design Engineer can expect;
- Competitive salary
- 28 Days Annual Leave in 1st Year of Employment + Bank Holidays
- Life Assurance
Our client is on a mission to provide continuous innovation in healthcare technology for better clinical and economic outcomes. Their scalable solutions deliver critical patient data across local and remote systems, enable better-informed decisions, increase efficiencies, and create a safer environment for patients.
Why work there? Because lives depend on you!
To apply for this Mechanical Design Engineer role, simply submit your CV and a Cover Letter, outlining how your experience fulfils the criteria for this position via the button shown.
Please note that only successful applicants will be contacted.
Keywords: Mechanical Design Engineer, Engineering, Mechanical, Electronic, Electrical, Plastics, Mould, Solidworks, Hardware, Development, Edinburgh, Scotland
This vacancy is being advertised by Net-Recruit.
Apply for Mechanical Design Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly