Personal Support Assistant (Community Care)
- Part Time
Caledonia HomeCare Ltd.
We are extremely proud of our organisation and the team we have assembled to service and promote our business. It is fully understood and readily accepted, that our staff are the most valuable asset and the key means by which we can achieve our goals of growth and ongoing success.
Caledonia Home Care are recruiting for personal support assistance to provide quality care and support to adults in their own home or the community.
- The role of the Personal Support Assistant is to perform duties and tasks to facilitate our customers to live at home in a safe secure and comfortable way.
- It is important that all employees of the company follow the rules, policies and procedures laid out
- Personal support assistants will be expected to fully train, practise and be competent in personal care, domestic care and social support. The main function of this position includes, but not limited to:
- Assist customers to get up, dressing and preparing them for their day/assist customers to go to bed, including undressing.
- Washing, bathing, showering, oral care, grooming, toileting, assisting with use of commode, emptying commode, catheter and stoma bag care.
- Using manual handling equipment as a double up (two members of staff) and working with/alongside other care professionals such as District Nurses, GPs, OT's etc.
- Prompting, applying and/or administration of prescribed medications and creams
- Preparation of meals and general household cleaning duties.
- Shopping and supplies management
- To keep accurate records of care visits and the appropriate paperwork is completed fully, factually and neatly in each customers care plan.
- To keep Supervisor updated of any changes to a customer's abilities, care plan, medications, issues, concerns or improvements.