- Full Time
The post holder will provide technician support within the Engineering Department. You will have:
- a thorough understanding of the safety requirements for working with machines
- effective verbal and written communication skills
- practical workshop skills
- the ability to perform workshop functions such as welding, soldering and brazing, and to work with lathe and milling machines.
- effective recording skills in relation to the performance of machines with regard to the condition, efficiency and safety; presenting findings to the Senior Curriculum Manager.
- the ability to undertake Faculty health & safety duties including plant checks, COSHH and risk assessments.
You will be educated to HNC level, and possess a vocational qualification at SVQ level 3 or significant, relevant industrial experience in an appropriate discipline, as well as evidence of appropriate continuous professional development. A Portable Appliance Testing certificate and current First Aid at Work certificate are desirable but not essential, although you should be willing to work towards these certificates as part of the role.
Job Description Workshop Technician.docx