Scientific Sales Negotiator
M Squared is a multi-award winning photonics technology company. We create unique, high-value laser and photonic technologies in the fields of quantum technology, biophotonics and chemical sensing. Our products are disruptive and market leading in our target sectors, enabling our customers to make new discoveries in >30 countries worldwide.
Our ambition and track record is to help develop future technologies that harness the power of light to drive society-changing innovation. We achieve this by supporting and partnering with world-leading scientists and technologists in academia and industry, as well as strategically engaging with key stakeholders, including government agencies.
Our business is doubling in revenue every two years by growing in core markets, diversifying into new sectors and moving up the value chain where we have unique capability and technology. Our commercial group is expanding and we are seeking a highly sophisticated negotiator with a track record of converting high value, technically and commercially complex opportunities into win-win deals. You will have demonstrated your intellect through your academic background and proven business results in your career. A strong technical background is preferred.
Skills sought include:
- High intellect, strategically sophisticated and outstanding analytical skills
- Personable and perceptive with superb listening skills and acuity
- Able to identify closeable opportunities in a large pipeline of technically and commercially complex deal scenarios
- Capable of rapidly establishing a professional rapport with high intellect, ambitious end-users
- High acuity and commercial judgment to identify critical closing factors
- Adept at analysing and identifying blockers and working across the business to devise a compelling proposition.
- Track record of shaping and refining deals to match budget and immediate technical requirements
- Capable of ranking and progressing multiple complex deals at different stages in parallel
- Able to maintain agreed terms and positive relationships throughout a complex purchase process
- Highly tenacious; highly resilient: you will do whatever it takes to convert the opportunity into value and a win even when it gets complicated or protracted.
Location: head office Glasgow, Scotland
A competitive salary and benefits package is available.