Business Development Manager
M Squared is a multi-award winning photonics technology company. We create unique, high-value laser and photonic technologies in the fields of quantum technology, biophotonics and chemical sensing. Our products are disruptive and market leading in our target sectors, enabling our customers to make new discoveries in >30 countries worldwide.
Our ambition and track record is to help develop future technologies that harness the power of light to drive society-changing innovation. We achieve this by supporting and partnering with world-leading scientists and technologists in academia and industry, as well as strategically engaging with key stakeholders, including government agencies.
Our business is doubling in revenue every two years by growing in core markets, diversifying into new sectors and moving up the value chain where we have unique capability and technology. Our commercial group is expanding and we are seeking ambitious, technically and commercially savvy BD specialists with a strategic orientation and a track record of converting early stage interactions with sophisticated end-users into business outcomes. You will have demonstrated your intellect through your academic background and proven business results in your career. A strong technical background in physical science is essential with a PhD and MBA preferred.
Skills sought include:
- High intellect, strategically sophisticated and outstanding analytical skills
- Ability to plan and orchestrate complex senior-level customer interactions
- Personable and perceptive with superb listening skills and acuity
- Ability to extract critical factors in technically and commercially complex scenarios, and quickly translate this into uniqueness and value in an opportunity
- Highly tenacious; highly resilient: you will do whatever it takes to convert the opportunity into value and a win even when it gets complicated or protracted.
- Confident verbal and written communicator that gets engagement without needing the spotlight.
- Like being part of a team and enjoy drawing upon the skills and knowledge of the wider business to assist in achieving results.
This is an opportunity for an ambitious strategically savvy business development specialist to drive forward translating new opportunities into profitable company growth.
Location: Head Office: Glasgow, Scotland
A competitive salary and benefits package is available.