Shareholder Tax Accountant
Shareholder Tax Accountant, Permanent
Salary: Highly competitive salary dependent on experience
Sanderson are recruiting a Shareholder Tax Accountant on behalf of one of the UK's leading asset management organisations.. This is an exciting time to join a well established, forward thinking business during an exciting period of growth.
Based in the Edinburgh office, the Client Reporting team oversee GBP88 billion of open and closed ended funds. As a Shareholder Tax Accountant you will be providing tax support and oversight over the funds daily offshore tax reporting, daily fund tax accruals and annual UK financial statements and Tax Returns.
- Manage the Shareholder Tax relationship with the Third party Administrators (TPA's) - Service Review Meetings and KPI's
- Oversight of various daily tax figures (Zwischengewinn/Interim profit, Aktiengewinn 1 and 2/Equity Gain 1 and 2, Equalization, Belgian Taxable Income per Share etc)
- Challenge and monitor daily tax figures with the TPA's. This includes corporation tax, capital gains tax and withholding tax.
- Co-ordinate and review any tax input into both Open and Closed Ended financial statements
- Oversight of the submission of CT600 returns, S1158, CT Payments and Payment on Accounts performed by the TPA's.
- To review and comment on documentation associated with the UK and Offshore Open Ended Funds, including Articles of Association, Investment Trust scheme circulars, Prospectus, Simplified Prospectus and Schemes of Arrangements from a shareholder tax perspective
- Assist with technical tax interpretation of tax announcements, assess impact on funds and manage the implementation with the TPA's
- Managing the relationship with external Auditor
- To co-ordinate Investment Operations tax input to Board papers as required
- To co-ordinate Investment Operations input in to any Fund re-structures, including In-Species, Mergers, Launches and Terminations from a tax perspective.
- To review, supervise and co-ordinate the tax elements of distribution calculations received from the TPA's.
Skills, knowledge & experience:
- Knowledge of Funds and the tax implications is essential.
- A qualified accountant/qualified tax professional or at the advanced stages of studying for a professional qualification.
To submit your CV please either click apply or should you wish to discuss the position in the strictest of confidence please feel to call Dan Galstaun at Sanderson Recruitment.