Teacher of Support for Learning (Maths) PEF- Broughton High School
Communities and Families
Teacher of Support for Learning (Maths) PEF, fixed term 29 June 2018
Broughton High School
Salary: £22,416 - £35,763 (Pro-rata for part time)
Salaries will be in accordance with the Scheme of Salaries and Conditions of Service for Teaching Staff in School Education.
This post is considered Regulated Work with Vulnerable Children and/or Protected Adults, under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. Preferred candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG scheme update check prior to a formal offer of employment being made by the City of Edinburgh Council.
Closing Date: 18 September 2017
We are looking for an enthusiastic Support for Learning Teacher (with a passion for teaching Maths!), to join our highly experienced team within our Support for Learning Faculty. The Faculty consists of the Support for Learning Department and the Inclusion Base, a resource for students with social, emotional and behavioural support needs.
The post will involve working closely with youth wokers and visiting teachers within the Inclusion Base to provide high quality teaching experiences for our young people. Many of our students attending the Base are on part-time timetables, have dropped a subject/s and a few students attend the base as an alternative to being within mainstream classes.
We are at a very exciting stage of our development and are looking for a colleague to help us extend the range of high quality numeracy and maths interventions available to our targeted students.
The successful candidate will be confident in delivering numeracy programmes to groups of students with standardised scores below 85 and will be willing to take a lead role in teaching National 3, 4 and 5 Maths to students attending our Inclusion Base.
Broughton High School is a popular, comprehensive school with high aspirations for its very diverse population. As a valued member of our staff, you will have enthusiasm and the ability to plan flexible programmes of learning which meet the specific needs of our learners.
Experience of working with students who have social, emotional and behavioural would be advantageous.
- Good understanding of self and interpersonal relationships
- Interest in and concern for others (staff, parents and students)
- Ability to achieve successful outcomes with students who have challenging behaviour
- The ability to remain calm in difficult situations
- Experience as a SfL teacher or Maths teacher within a secondary school
- Experience of numeracy interventions and planning/delivery of National 3,National 4 & National 5 Maths courses
- Ability to plan Maths related programmes of learning that are appropriate to the specific needs of learners
- Experience of administering diagnostic assessments
- Hardworking and organised
- Enthusiasm and passion for supporting students with Additional Support Needs
- Experience of working within a school inclusion base/unit for students with social, emotional and behavioural
- Energy and a positive attitude
- Cheerful with a good sense of humour
Working days: Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays