Benefits Officer - 6 North Ness
The Benefits/Rents Officer is responsible through the Senior Benefits Officer, for verifying information, to assess and award Housing Benefit, Council Tax Reduction, and Scottish Welfare Fund payments in accordance with government legislation, case law and Council policy and to assist in the administering and accounting for rent and service charges related to Council House and Garage tenants.
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link(s) below for further information -
- The grade of this post is H
- Rate of pay shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £1.0608 per hour
- Temporary Part Time post for 30.0 Hours per Week, 52.18 weeks per year. Temporary contract for a period of approximately 1 year. This is for the duration of a period of maternity leave, and will terminate following the return to work or resignation of the postholder
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
- Suitable for Job Share
- Not suitable for Remote Working
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at 6 North Ness, Lerwick, Shetland
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Colleen MacDonald - Senior Benefits Officer - 01595 744635 - firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 744032.
Employee Benefits June 2017.pdf
Benefits Officer (H).pdf
Conditions of Service - Local Government Employees - Mar 2017.pdf