Residential Social Care Workers
Opportunities are available for Residential Social Care Staff on a full-time and fixed term contracts. Filling these posts will bring our staffing to its full complement, and allow us to further develop existing services.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND COMPETENCES:
- Promote the wellbeing and protection of young people.
- Contribute to the assessment of young people's risks, needs and deeds through the development of a children's plan and ongoing risk assessment/management planning.
- Promote effective communication for and about individuals and advocate on behalf of young people.
- Work effectively as part of a team supervising, monitoring and supporting young people to reach their full potential.
- To work collaboratively with colleagues and key stakeholders to achieve best possible outcomes for young people.
- Promote, monitor and maintain health, safety and security in the working environment.
- Reflect on and develop your practice.
- Support young people to maintain safe conduct with significant individuals in their lives.
- Support young people to manage their lives.
- Work with young people to prepare them for the transition to the next step towards the community, independence, citizenship and adulthood.
- Support young people to develop and maintain supportive relationships.
- Support the social, spiritual, emotional and identity development of young people.
- Work with young people to promote their own physical and mental health needs.
- Support the needs of young people with additional requirements.
- Prepare, implement and evaluate group activities to address the offending behaviour of children and young people.
- Contribute to child care practice in group living.
- Process information relating to young people's behavior.
- Contribute to protecting young people from danger, harm and abuse.
- Contribute to the prevention and management of challenging behavior in young people.
- Undergo initial and refresher training in relation to the management of challenging behavior and to maintain a level of fitness and skill to intervene physically when required to ensure safety and security.
- Model behaviour and relationships with young people which recognises the impact of risk taking behaviors on themselves, others and communities.
- Maintain professional discretion and at all times promote confidentiality regarding information related to individual young people, their families and the life and work of St Philips.
Health screening will be undertaken prior to confirmation of employment. All convictions whether spent or unspent must be declared. Candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update. (NB It is a criminal offence to make an application if barred from regulated work)
Please see person specification for further requirments.
Closing date: Monday 25th September.
Please return completed applications by email to:email@example.com
By post or in person.
BLANK APPLICATION FORM 2017.docx
SUMMARY PERSON SPECIFICATION - RSCW.docx