As a Barclays Mortgage Specialist, you will be providing advice to high net-worth and ultra high-net worth wealth clients that are based in the UK and Resident Overseas, on complex and technically challenging cases. Full administrative support will be provided as highly engaged stakeholders refer unprecedented levels of business.
This team is an integral part of mortgage advisory, helping customers find the right mortgage At Barclays, we're all one team. This team is an integral part of mortgage advisory, helping customers find the right solution every day. In short, we help customers from all walks of life reach the right decisions - whether they're buying for the first time, looking for their next step on the property ladder or making a key investment.
As a Mortgage Specialist, your main responsibilities will involve:
• Recruiting and retaining mortgage clients
• Providing holistic advice on regulated and non-regulated mortgage products, which best suit customers' needs
• Delivering exceptional sales performance and stretching personal targets
• Building quality relationships with existing and new providers of mortgage business
• Coaching and developing other staff so they can identify and refer promising mortgage leads
As a Mortgage Specialist, your skills and qualifications will include:
• A thorough understanding of credit risk appetite and policy
• The ability to ensure adherence to all internal risk policies and regulatory requirements
• A full grasp of industry requirements across all jurisdictions
• Experience of working in a frontline, regulated mortgage environment
• Some knowledge of Barclays mortgages or a background in a professional broker or bank environment
• Knowledge of high value and complex lending
This role is deemed as a Certified role under the UK PRA & Financial Conduct Authority - Individual Accountabilities Regulations and may require the role holder to hold mandatory regulatory qualifications or the minimum qualifications to meet internal company benchmarks.
Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our employees. That's why at Barclays you'll receive a range of benefits that include a competitive salary, flexible hours and all the tools, technology and support you need to succeed. That's not all. We'll also offer you private healthcare, childcare savings, and employer discounts. All this, plus a unique company spirit that encourages people to achieve their best.
All we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
We will consider applications from job share applicants. At Barclays, we recruit based on merit and are committed to promoting diversity throughout our organisation.
Ready to apply?
There are up to five stages to our application process:
1. Application: On your application we'll ask for information like your contact details, education and work experience. You'll also be required to upload a CV, so it's a good idea to have it ready.
2. Online Assessment: We'll then ask you to complete an online assessment exercise which we will send to you via email. Our assessments are carefully designed to measure the skills and capabilities necessary to be successful in our roles, but they'll also provide you with some insight into what our roles entail.
3. Application Review: We will review your application along with your responses to the online assessment exercise. Depending on the type of role you are applying for, we may contact you to arrange a brief telephone interview to discuss your experience in more detail.
4. Interview: If your application is progressed, we'll invite you to attend a face-to-face interview. We want you to be free to choose an interview time that suits you, so we'll provide some options and ask you to select your preferred timeslot.
5. Outcome: We will keep you updated throughout the process. If you attend an interview, we'll be in touch within five working days of all interviews being completed to advise you of the outcome.
Visit our website for tips and advice on each stage or click below to apply now.
We encourage applicants to apply as early as possible in the recruitment period. Barclays recruitment periods can and may vary. We reserve the right to remove this advert during the recruitment process.