Customer Service Advisor GBP8.15/hr August Start!
Amazon Customer Service Associate
Edinburgh City Centre GBP8.15/hour
Full time 40 hour contract until January 2018
Amazon is seeking bright, articulate, detail-oriented applicants with a desire to help us exceed our customers' expectations. An Amazon Customer Service Associate is a critical part of our mission to deliver timely, accurate and professional customer service to all Amazon customers. This vital position requires an action-orientated, flexible problem-solver who will assist customers in expediting orders and correcting post-sale problems. Associates communicate with customers via phone, chat and email and utilize a variety of software tools to navigate customer accounts, research and review policies and communicate effective solutions in a fun and fast paced environment.
A successful Associate will have the following skills:
Customer Service Skills:
- Ability to thrive and achieve in a metrics driven environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Good comprehension skills-- ability to clearly understand and state the issues customers present
- Good composition skills-- ability to compose a grammatically correct, concise, and accurate written response
- Ability to demonstrate learning, decision making and problem solving skills
- Verbal and written English proficiency is a must
- Ability to communicate correctly and clearly with both internal and external customers
- Ability to empathize with and prioritize customer needs and provide appropriate solutions
- Ability to use a desktop computer system
- Familiarity with Windows XP, Microsoft Outlook, Ubuntu and Google Chrome
- Excellent typing skills
- Demonstrable understanding of the Internet and Amazon.co.uk website
- Strong time management skills
- Action oriented, self-disciplined and trust-worthy
- Organized and detail oriented
- Ability to effectively prioritize work time to ensure productivity and department standards for time spent
- Demonstrable interpersonal skills
- Amazon is an organisation that works 7 days a week and works from 0700-2100, shifts can be anytime and any day so flexibility is key. As Christmas is our busiest period, OT is also a requirement for successful candidates.
What will working at Amazon mean for the associate?
Working for Amazon allows people to be involved in Earth's most customer centric company. We advocate for our customers and push to constantly provide the best possible service to our customers, both internally and externally. Your voice will be heard in Amazon, we strive to improve based on our customer feedback. Who better to provide that to us than someone on the front line handling contacts from customers? We have regular leadership meetings with all teams and ensure that all feedback is taken and actioned ASAP.
The level of engagement and fun within Amazon throughout the year is second to none. We work with local charities through Amazon in the Community; we have excellent reward and recognition programs through a program called kudos and through our management teams. Site leadership regularly arrange site fun from bingo, gift vouchers, pop up shops, awareness days, cake and pizza days, you certainly won't be bored. Throughout peak we see our highest volume of contacts, this is why Amazon believes it's important to ensure that everyone remains engaged, having fun and are able to provide the best service they can.
Our Leadership Principles aren't just a pretty inspirational wall hanging. These Principles work hard, just like we do. Amazonians use them, every day, whether they're discussing ideas for new projects, deciding on the best solution for a customer's problem, or interviewing candidates. It's just one of the things that makes Amazon peculiar.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age